“Quiet, good value, a bit outdated...”

Chase Suite Hotel Newark
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Roseville
“Quiet, good value, a bit outdated...”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed here with a some friends due to a cancer surgery at Stanford Hospital. We needed a two-room suite and we were referred to Chase Suite Hotel by one of their competitors who didn't have a vacancy. I read the reviews prior to booking. The staff was very helpful, the room was clean and spacious. The TV's, fixtures, decor, etc were all outdated but functional (except for the remote control in one of the bedrooms). Our front door had been kicked in at some point and the door jamb had a shoddy repair job. Overall, we found Chase to meet our needs and would not hesitate to return if the need arises.

Room Tip: Check room before saying you'll take it
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with the service you deserve. I want to thank you for your comments as we are immediately fixing the issues you reported so other guest will not have the same experience. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
California
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We need a place close to home due to a plumbing problem. Hotel needs modernizing - fixures are outdated, toilet ran in bathroom all night, mold along seal in bathtub (YUCK), breakfast so-so, way overpriced.

When checking out, they asked how our stay was and I mentioned the toilet running all night and that California is looking at being in a very serious drought and she looked at me like I was crazy to actually tell her it wasn't a great night's sleep listening to the toilet run and run and then printed my receipt and thanked me.

Breakfast could use some more fresh fruit choices.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jenhill6
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Chase Suite Hotel. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay, but appreciate you letting us know about it. I want to thank you for your comments as we are immediately fixing the issues you reported so other guest will not have the same experience. We hope to see you in the near future.
Monterey, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I just have to say WOW! My husband and I stayed here because it was close to a 10K race we were running. The staff is friendly and the room is super clean. Our hotel was roughly $75/night (including tax) but we booked to Expedia so prices may vary. They do have a $250 deposit which you receive back if you abide by their regulations (no smoking/pets). They do allow pets and it's a $150 non-refundable deposit so keep that in mind when booking. However $150 is cheaper than trying to sneak your pet in and face the $250 fine.
To the room itself. Very clean!!! It was like a small apartment, we had a full kitchen with bar seating, living area and bedroom which you can separate by the French-style doors. Great for families or friends spending the weekend or even the week there! We could have bought groceries and cooked in the kitchen if we wanted to because they had all the pots and pans in the cabinets and dinnerware!
It's right by a few strip malls and near I-880 so there is ease of access. The staff, like I said, is very friendly and accommodating. After we finished our 10K race, we asked for a later check-out (12p, normal check-out is 11a). They had no problem giving us a bit of time to get cleaned up and check-outed by 12:00p. Overall, wonderful place and we plan on booking again if we are staying in the San Jose area.

Room Tip: If you can book 2nd level rooms as the windows for the bedroom is under the stairs and all you see i...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nergilious
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We were glad to hear that we exceeded all your expectations! Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

The Chase Suite Staff
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my husband and two kids for a funeral. It was very nice but my complaint would only be the walls are thin. We had a loud group of kids next door that woke my husband and I up so from 12-2, no sleep and we had to get up early for the service! All in all, great breakfast, nice employees and just be aware of door slamming and noisy neighbors. I would definitely come back for the price.

Stayed January 2014
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear you were able to enjoy our great breakfast!! We are sorry you were disturbed by loud neighbors. We hope to see you in the near future on your next visit to the Bay Area.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I love the hotel, I really feel like a lot of these reviews are a bit over exaggerated, furniture is typical hotel decor, not that modern but the room is fully furnished with a full kitchen, dishes and all. The room had a lcd tv, fire place, not a bad mattress at all, 2nd tv in the bed room was a bit older but decent, location is awesome, everything is in the area and, service was great, deposit is ridiculous though, expect to drop 250 for a deposit plus your total stay and they don't except cash! That was really the only issue besides no meat at the breakfast buffet, everything else was great!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank OnlyReviewYouNeed510
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. We appreciate your kind words about our suites, location and service. That's all we work towards, and love to hear when we've reached our every day goal. Being a nonsmoking hotel, upon arrival we provide a policy to all guests to sign requiring the $250.00 deposit to prevent smoking in the room. We are striving to maintain our rooms free of smoke. Hope to see you soon when you're in the area again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've been a customer of this hotel for over 20 years, in that time the hotel has made little to no upgrades. It's in great need to some upgrading. Carpets were stained, bathroom sink had broken drained, our toilet was clogged when we arrived and we had to call for a plunger. Mt man showed up and snaked it out, but took over an hour and two phones to front desk to get him there. I requested extra towels and pillows prior to my arrival this was not done. I really like the bed, just right not too hard not to soft... but the pillows were flat and worn, I had to ask for a feather pillow and was told they were for the executive king rooms, when I explained that is what I paid for they rounded up the feather pillows but took two hours to do so.

Overall our stay was just OK.. the value is not what it use to be. I noted a raise in rates without any improvements. I do still like the rooms, large and love the fireplace. The kitchen is nice with a full stove and refrig but was stocked as well as it has been in the past. The ottoman was missing in our unit.. But they had replaced the OLD style TV in our unit to a large flatscreen but the reception was horrible(snowy) all channels but one. I will probably not stay here again unless they upgrade. Another positive was they allowed my dog which I was grateful but the fee was $150 and nonrefundable. I have a little dog, I think if your dogs does no damage this should be refundable or a smaller fee. I've stayed in better and worse places. Chase Suites is a different type of hotel, I really like the idea of a large room with all the comforts of home I hope they take some of my suggestions and complaints and make some improvements.
Roxy

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review from your recent stay. We appreciate your honest and candid feedback, without it we cannot continue to grow and improve our services and product. Many of our guests are just as pleasantly surprised at the size of our suites and the amenities. Once again thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you in the near future.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms, poor quality furnishing, bad mattress, cheap linen and meager , thin blanket. Carpet stained and bath counter marred. Nice staff. Galley kitchen with a few plates silverware, knives, toaster microwave, full fridge, sink. Clearly hotel caters to long term stays ( workers, etc.). I have stayed in worse.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
First and foremost I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest and candid feedback, without it we cannot continue to improve our services and product. All of your comments have been noted and we thank you once again for letting us know.
Asst. General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Newark hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Comfort Inn and Suites Newark
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
#5 of 19 in Fremont
TownePlace Suites Newark Silicon Valley

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Newark? Share your experiences!