Recently stayed at Chase suites with my husband who was in Fremont for business. Let me start with the things that were okay about the property. The rooms are well furnished with kitchen items to be able to cook if desired, the bed is comfortable and the bathroom products (lotion/shampoo) were very nice. Now for the rest,
1. the shuttle service is absolutely useless, they did come pick us up at San Jose airport but the driver did not even pull up to curb or get out of the van when he arrived. We had to walk out to the driving lane and open the doors ourselves to load our own bags. He literally stopped in the lane and held up traffic while we loaded our stuff and ourselves into the van. Once we arrived we discovered they wouldn't take us back to the airport when we left because we had a flight at 9:00am and they don't go to the airport "that early".
2.the laundry facilities are dirty and never available. I checked several times one evening and there were clothes just sitting in the washers for hours without being used. I didn't want to take them out and the front desk just said to check back.
3. we decided to go to san francisco for the day on Saturday and asked at the desk about getting to the bart station, since it is only 10 minutes away we thought the shuttle might be able to take us there but apparently thats not what the shuttle is for. They offered to call a cab, $13 one way. The least they could have done is let us know there is a bus stop in front of the hotel that has several bus lines that all go to the bart station for $2 per person. The only thing I can assume is they have an agreement with the cab company because that was also their solution for the airport transportation. Seems like if a hotel property advertises they have a shuttle they may want to make it available for their guests to use.
4. The social hour and breakfast are okay but don't expect the same experience as other "name brand" hotels. The social hour is warmed up appitezers and 1/3 glass of two buck chuck wine. Limit of 2 glasses per guest. Save yourself the time and trouble and go to the mini mart/liquor store next door and buy your own wine/beer. There is a wine bottle opener in the kitchen. Breakfast is only until 8:30am on weekdays and not allowed to take it back to your room, since they don't have anyone cleaning the tables we were forced to eat at a dirty, sticky tables everyday. lobby and breakfast area are very run down and in need of a good cleaning.
Needless to say this hotel needs some updating, the decor, the tvs and the staff attitudes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern California awaits you at our charming all-suite hotel in Newark, CA. With deluxe, extended stay amenities, stylish event venues and a welcoming, homelike atmosphere, our hotel is the ideal choice for business trips, family vacations and romantic getaways in Silicon Valley. From complimentary hot breakfast and exceptional service to a prime location near the Oakland International Airport, San Jose International Airport and popular area attractions, Chase Suite Hotel Newark is a truly relaxing Home on the Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chase Suite Hotel Newark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chase Suite Newark
- Newark Chase Suite Hotel