Comfort Inn and Suites Newark
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$148
$189
$141
$118
$161
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley(Newark)(Great Value!)
$189
$68
  • Pool
$235
Homewood
Courtyard Newark Silicon Valley(Newark)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
Courtyard
$166
$659
$294
Residence Inn
All reviewsfront deskstayed here for nightscomfortable hotelparking lotfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

was quiet and comfortable, no ice machine on the 3rd floor, I guess the hotel was a holiday inn before, and they are still cleaning it up, my room seems like it used to be the managers #300 , there were too many storage closets in there and too many mirrors, I would have liked for it to be a lot cleaner, and the phone would not call out, i could only call the front desk. and there was a loose dog running around in the parking lot, and it kept coming up to my dogs and barking and it was a little scary, when i told the front desk about it they did nothing, and once i got to my room it was outside barking at someone else at 12 midnight and woke me up. the next morning i again told the man at the front desk and he seemed to not care either. all and all i guess it was okay, the staff could be a little nicer

Room Tip: the a/c was very loud, and the room was very hot, i had to open all the windows and turn on both a/c units
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rae2610
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was working in the Mountain View area, and all of the local hotels were full. I had to choose this property on the other side of the bay. Just egh. It was hard to find the driveway - they only had a little sign on the road. Check-in was not painful. The hotel looked tired. The hallways were exceptionally large - much wider than a typical hotel. When I went into my room on the 4th floor, it felt like no one had stayed in it for weeks. Room had a "not-used" smell. When I turned on the heater, it was obviously the first time it had been run this year. (burned dust smell). Overall, it was just a place to stay. I wouldn't choose it again.

Room Tip: My room on 4th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was a suite. It did not have any plates or glasses or silverware. Cooking would have been very difficult. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was ok for a hot breakfast, but nothing special. The worst part was they were painting the exterior and did not ask us to move our car while they were doing it. Our beautiful red car ended up with lots of gold paint splattered all over it. We told them about it, but all they said was "Sorry". No offer to help us clean it. It took my husband several hours to get the majority of the spots off.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

i must say the new owners have done a great job at improving this hotel. They have within the last month changed all the beds in the hotel, put refrigerators in all rooms and painted the outside of the hotel. The hotel is very close to numerous restaurants. I have stayed weeks at a time and they have a great staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Richard R
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We reserved a room last minutes on a Saturday in October. The room was roomy, clean, and the breakfast was decent. It was a good value. On the negative side, the lights were all unplugged when we got there, and the outlets were all cracked. The phone on the desk didn't work, and the interior could use a little updating. Also, it wasn't clear to me that the other entrances but the front one were locked, until I tried to use one after I'd checked in. The w-fi was usable, but almost painfully slow. The front desk person was extremely helpful, and even went so far as to do us a favor above and beyond the call of duty. Overall I give it Very Good, but with definite room to improve.

Room Tip: It might be a bit quieter on the top floor, as we heard people walking around on the floor above us. The trade off would be the slow elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family