“not a great experience”

Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2011

we were staying at Chase suites hotel and found this restaurnat, Bombay garden very close by and went for dinner with family. The place looks good and well decorated. What they lack is good customer service. we had small kids with us who were hungry. To place food oder, we had to call a number of guys a number of times and even then they took a very long time to bring even the kids meal. There is no smilr on the face of the stewards. We felt like they did not bother about our comfort or service. When finally the food was brought, it was ok, but not the kind of good indian food you get in a "supposedly"good indian restaurant at the price they charged us, whcih was quite expensive. Even though we stayed in Newark for a week, we never went back to Bombay garden

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Wow, the food is great. So many dishes, the majority of them delicious! The service is good but not obtrusive, and this is great, as refills can be essential with spicy food.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I went here with my sister and her family. The restaurant is huge, and is oddly decorated, as if it used to have a country motif and they didn't quite finish redecorating. The food was actually pretty tasty with only one or two exceptions, but it all could have been hotter. They had quite a few selections, both vegetarian and non vegetarian. They bring nan to your table, which confused me for a while as I couldn't find it on the buffet and they were kind of slow in bringing it to the table. In fact, the service was lacking in my opinion -- we had to go track down a high chair because I guess the baby we brought didn't tip anyone off that we might need one. And they basically ignored the five year old at our table - they only brought three place settings -- we had to ask for a glass for the little girl and ended up stealing a place mat and sliverware from another table so she could eat. And then they opened up a door and left it open, blowing cold air on all the people sitting near it. I thought it was nice that they had both north and south Indian food, but the dosas were kind of rubbery and lukewarm. I did think it was nice that they had chai and mango ice cream on the buffet. They seem to pack in people on weekend evenings.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Buffet is good as there is a choice, but it has its good days and bad. Try your luck.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I have eaten there several times. The buffet is great. Something for everybody. Not too spicy, good decor. I will definitely go there again.

Been to Bombay Garden? Share your experiences!