“Good thai food and friendly service”

CoCurry Thai Cuisine
Get food delivered
Ranked #12 of 206 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Thai
Description: By far, I've been to lots of Thai restaurants in the Bay Area and nothing compares with Cocurry. I found this place by accident when i went to my hairdresser. They have the best tom yum and tom gha. the best curry dishes, Not ordinary and generic like what you can expect from another Thai restaurant. They have the best Garlic tilapia which you never find in any seafood thai menu around the Bay. I was wondering why Cocurry is not on tripadvisor. Please consider checking this place out.TA people!!!
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

We order khao soi with chicken, crab fried rice and black sweet rice with persimmon. They are very good taste and spicy level in khao soi is ok for me.The dessert is greatest dish and impression.

The service also is good and friendly. When the waitress ask me that how was you meals? I say that's great and yummy. The waitress tell me that this restaurant change a new owner and management team.

We think we will go there again and try others menu. :)

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed July 20, 2018

Ordered yellow and green curry with medium spice levels, pad see ew and drunken noodles with tofu. Everything was good, service was great. Outstanding item was the mango sticky rice for dessert. The best I've had over the years.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 25, 2018

We had lunch here on a Saturday. Food was good tasting and service was okay. Service was okay too. Prices are reasonable.

Papaya salad is great. I love the green curry.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank travellerbeg
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

Food is Ok, nothing special! One thing I didn’t like was They rushed Us the finish out plates and told us that they will be closing in 30 minutes so 15 minutes after getting our orders, They handed us our ticket and telling us that they will be closing in 30 minutes. How rude!!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I ordered pad thai and a plate of fish cakes with iced milk tea.
Service staff was a thai and actually there were quite a number of Asians in the restaurant.
However, the food I ordered didn't meet my Asian standard for restaurant-like food. Instead, this would be the same standard which I can find in the typical food courts. Although having said that, nowadays you can find quite good standards in a number of stalls in food courts.
The pad thai noodles was thick, not refined.
The seasoning was just light ketchup like paste.
Shrimps wasn't the crunchy translucent type.
Fried egg was just parts of an omelette.
Perhaps I could describe this dish as unrefined.
The fish cake was also thick and not much of a fish paste taste.
My friend likes the pork in peanut gravy sauce with rice.
But for me, my standard for comparison is by the pad thai.
So, I will not be visiting this restaurant again anytime soon.
Service was alright though.

Date of visit: April 2017