“Great strip mall deli with fresh cut deli meat sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ultimate Deli

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Ultimate Deli
Ranked #31 of 181 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Great strip mall deli with fresh cut deli meat sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Ive been here about 5 times, a couple of times alone, and a few times with my wife. The location is in a strip mall with a convenience store, a couple of beauty shops, a pizza place and other typical strip mall businesses. They most expanded the deli shop to the unit next door. The inside is clean with about a dozen tables with 2 tables outside that you can sit and enjoy the sun while you eat. Ultimate deli offers a wide range of fresh sliced deli sandwiches on your choice of extremely fresh rolls or bread. I go for the Number 5- motrtadella and provolone on soft Sourdough with pepperocinis. My wife likes the number 1- the turkey/cranberry with Pesto. The sandwiches are great, the fresh bread and fresh cut deli meats make a world of difference and the portion size is very large for about $5-6. Although the location leaves a lot to be desired, the food more than makes up for it. The speed and service is a bit hit or miss in my visits. I've had my sandwich in 5 minutes on a busy weekday during lunch, but also had to wait 15 minutes on a quiet weekend and that would be my only real complaint.

1 Thank Hijumper231

Been to The Ultimate Deli? Share your experiences!