“Very clean and spacious”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very clean and spacious”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I love staying at the Homewood Suites. It's almost like a home away from home with the full-sized refrigerator, stove, sink, microwave,desk, etc. This one in Newark was very clean and modern. I loved the room and all the pillows on the bed, which was so comfortable. Free Internet connection made my stay even better. The location was good being in walking distance to the mall. My few complaints was that they need to better train the front desk staff. When I called from the room to ask for a late check out. The phone kept ringing for several minutes. I even tried with my own phone and it kept ringing. I'm not accustomed to this happening at a hotel. They usually pick up and put you on hold to finish helping the first person. So I had to go downstairs to ask for the late checkout. I asked him what happened and he got defensive saying he couldn't help it because he was the only one there and said he was sorry after he made sure to blurt all that out. The other thing is that they should remind guests to not put their door key by their car keys because it might get demagnetized. I had to find this out after I lugged all my suitcases upstairs. Oh, it wouldn't hurt to make sure there's hot water or their coffee is hot when they're being provided to guests. I had to ask for this. Other than for those two things, I would've given them 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Hotel was clean, the complimentary breakfast was delicious as well as the food of choice and the pool/hot tub were great for the kids. I liked the convenience of the hotel, especially the surrounding, i.e., the mall, different places to eat and close the baseball field where my children were participating in the Fremont Memorial Day Tournament held near Gankler School.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Fremont, California
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on assignment for 30 days and it was excellent. From the awesome staff to the cleanliness of rooms and hotel, to its grounds. As a female I felt very safe and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Sharpsburg, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's obvious that customer service is a top priority at this place of business. Sadly this is not the case at all establishments but at this location you will find a wonderful staff, clean rooms and a relaxing stay. I recommend this place os business to anyone travelling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Vancovuer BC
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ended up at this Homewood as the one I wanted in Santa Clara was full. The property is in good shape with all the usual Homewood amenities including a very good breakfast buffet and evening reception.

We had a one bedroom suite on the fourth floor. It was well equipped with a separate bedroom and separate office space. This was particularly convenient as it allowed my teenage son to escape with his computer into his own space. The full kitchen had everything we needed to prepare a couple of meals.

I didn't use the pool / hot tub, but it looked clean.

The only drawback is the neighborhood. Although there is a large mall across the street and several strip malls in the neighborhood, the whole area felt a little bit shabby. There are a few decent restaurants in the area with lots of ethnic choices but walkability was pretty low.

I would stay here again if I was doing business in the East Bay. It was just OK as a location for my meetings in Palo Alto.

We had one minor issue with one of the breakfasts. The response from the hotel was prompt and more than satisfactory, including a personal letter from the manager.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Netherlands
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Glad we found this! We had a very comfortable suite for only 1 night, very well equipped kitchen too. Staff all seemed to love their jobs, very friendly and helpful too. We were offered a complimentary dinner with free flow wine, both of which was good quality, also on offer was a complimentary breakfast, again this was of good quality. If we ever go to Newark again, we would certainly comeback!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark, California
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is truly awesome! One thing I can say is apart from the fully equipped suites their customer service is second to none. I would like to special mentioned Susan and Claudia for the courtesy and world class service they have extended to me and my family during our 5month stint. Its been great and I would surely stay again in the future! Thanks again for all the wonderful memories and good night sleep you have given us. Its a pleasure and a BIG thank you to all of you in Homewood Suites Newark!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
Aloft Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
#3 of 9 in Newark
TownePlace Suites Newark Silicon Valley
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont? Share your experiences!