“Best room ever for amazing price!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed February 25, 2013

i stayed here for the first time when I went with my husband to his baseball tournament. I was elated with what we got for our money. Clean, quiet, close to the highway and restaurants and great breakfast. Wish could have stayed longer. Great newspapers for free in lobby. Only complaint would be to be able to spray the waffle maker. Everything got stuck to it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here when i first moved to the bay area. The size of the rooms were amazing and the best part was the amazing housekeeping staff who care for the tenants. I would recommend it for anybody traveling with kids or in groups. The best part of it is that its priced reasonably and located near to all the local shopping center and restaurants. They take care of you. Will for sure stay here anytime.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
newarkgm727, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. While I am glad you found our staff to be friendly, I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Thank you

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was awakened at 5am when the person in the suite above began trouncing around their room. It was as if the person were stomping everywhere they went. There's simply no sound barriers between the floors.
Other than that the room was nice and the staff friendly but you really go to a hotel to sleep.
PS The heating unit was very loud whenever it came on as well (more noise).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

When in Newark with kids and grandparents, the Homewood Suites 2 bed/2 bath suite is really the best option. There is one queen in each of the bedrooms, plus a full bath with each. The sofa in the small living room converts to another bed. Others have mentioned the noise from the refrigerators. I can see that fridge noise could be an issue in a studio suite. The 2/2 configuration, however, means that each bedroom has a door which closes off noise from the kitchen/living room area. This also helps with noisy sleepers (snoring, breathing apparatuses, night coughing, etc.). The $123 price means we basically got the equivalent of two regular hotel rooms for $60/each. Super economical. Also the Homewood full breakfasts are wonderful! Compared to Hamptons (another Hilton property), Homewood had those beat by a long shot. We all felt safe and had a quiet, restful four days at the Homewood Suites in Newark.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

An associate and I were recently in San Jose / Santa Clara for a conference. I was overwhelmed by how expensive accommodations were. The conference hotel was sold out, and we were informed that we were being booked at another property. After reading the less-than-stellar reviews of this "other property", I found the Homewood Suites Newark - Fremont. I was able to procure a two-bedroom suite for the same price as a single hotel room at the "other property."

The front desk staff warmly greeted us when we arrived, even though it was late. The check-in process went smoothly, and the clerk told us the best place to park in order to be able to reach our rooms efficiently.

The evening hospitality meals were delicious, as was the full breakfast each morning. It's exactly what I expected from the Hilton Family, and particularly the Homewood Suites brand.

The room was very quiet, in contrast to some of the reports on other reviews here. I had no complaints.

I drove by the "other property" to see it in person. The drive-by confirmed that I made the correct choice. I was only fifteen minutes away from the Santa Clara Convention Center, where my conference was being held, and had no trouble making the drive, even in rush hour, because of the HOV lane (and special exit to Santa Clara).

This property is a fraction of the price you'll pay for rooms in San Jose / Santa Clara. If you're value-conscious, you shouldn't pass this up. It lives up to my expectations of Homewood Suites and provides exceptional value compared to other properties in the area. I'll definitely stay here again when I return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott D
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The place itself is ok. Convenient location, lots of parking space, nice looking, clean. Stuff is friendly but to be honest besides check-in they didn't help much.

Rooms are nice, clean and in good condition but ...

There is just one problem. My room was loud and noisy. What is more important loudness did not come form other rooms or corridor. It was loud because of air conditioning, ventilation and refrigerator. There was also quite annoying noise coming from outside (roof?). It might have been a air-conditioning outdoor units. But to be honest this noise disqualified this place for me. It was really hard to get some sleep.

I did ask hotel to check this, and they didn't find anything, so I guess this is just a part of this place.

So if you are a light sleeper be aware to stay out either of top floor of this hotel, our try a different one in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top floor are loud (air conditioning).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
newarkgm727, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the level of noise you experienced in your room. Your comments will help us to correct these issues and provide a comfortable night’s rest for future guests. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at Homewood suites for a total of 4 nights. The main reason we chose this place as it was not too far outside of San Francisco but a lot cheaper and family friendly. Had no problems with check in, staff were always friendly. From Monday to Thursday a light dinner is served which helped save $$. Breakfast was great too, with fruit, a hot selection and cereals to choose from.
Rooms were very clean and comfortable, however the mattress in the fold out sofa bed was terrible! This however was the only thing I have to complain about.
Bonus is the laundry facilities on the 3rd floor.
Close to shops and freeway, would stay here again if we return to the states.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aussiekids3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
Aloft Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
#3 of 9 in Newark
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley
TownePlace Suites Newark Silicon Valley

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont? Share your experiences!