All reviews basketball court monday to thursday complimentary dinner full kitchen complimentary newspaper great hotel beer and wine long stay business center the pool hot tub room suite fitness center love staying extended stay hotel great room night's sleep excellent stay
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

When in Newark with kids and grandparents, the Homewood Suites 2 bed/2 bath suite is really the best option. There is one queen in each of the bedrooms, plus a full bath with each. The sofa in the small living room converts to another bed. Others have mentioned the noise from the refrigerators. I can see that fridge noise could be an issue in a studio suite. The 2/2 configuration, however, means that each bedroom has a door which closes off noise from the kitchen/living room area. This also helps with noisy sleepers (snoring, breathing apparatuses, night coughing, etc.). The $123 price means we basically got the equivalent of two regular hotel rooms for $60/each. Super economical. Also the Homewood full breakfasts are wonderful! Compared to Hamptons (another Hilton property), Homewood had those beat by a long shot. We all felt safe and had a quiet, restful four days at the Homewood Suites in Newark.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

An associate and I were recently in San Jose / Santa Clara for a conference. I was overwhelmed by how expensive accommodations were. The conference hotel was sold out, and we were informed that we were being booked at another property. After reading the less-than-stellar reviews of this "other property", I found the Homewood Suites Newark - Fremont. I was able to procure a two-bedroom suite for the same price as a single hotel room at the "other property."

The front desk staff warmly greeted us when we arrived, even though it was late. The check-in process went smoothly, and the clerk told us the best place to park in order to be able to reach our rooms efficiently.

The evening hospitality meals were delicious, as was the full breakfast each morning. It's exactly what I expected from the Hilton Family, and particularly the Homewood Suites brand.

The room was very quiet, in contrast to some of the reports on other reviews here. I had no complaints.

I drove by the "other property" to see it in person. The drive-by confirmed that I made the correct choice. I was only fifteen minutes away from the Santa Clara Convention Center, where my conference was being held, and had no trouble making the drive, even in rush hour, because of the HOV lane (and special exit to Santa Clara).

This property is a fraction of the price you'll pay for rooms in San Jose / Santa Clara. If you're value-conscious, you shouldn't pass this up. It lives up to my expectations of Homewood Suites and provides exceptional value compared to other properties in the area. I'll definitely stay here again when I return to the area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Scott D
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The place itself is ok. Convenient location, lots of parking space, nice looking, clean. Stuff is friendly but to be honest besides check-in they didn't help much.

Rooms are nice, clean and in good condition but ...

There is just one problem. My room was loud and noisy. What is more important loudness did not come form other rooms or corridor. It was loud because of air conditioning, ventilation and refrigerator. There was also quite annoying noise coming from outside (roof?). It might have been a air-conditioning outdoor units. But to be honest this noise disqualified this place for me. It was really hard to get some sleep.

I did ask hotel to check this, and they didn't find anything, so I guess this is just a part of this place.

So if you are a light sleeper be aware to stay out either of top floor of this hotel, our try a different one in the area.

Room tip: Rooms at the top floor are loud (air conditioning).
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
newarkgm727, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the level of noise you experienced in your room. Your comments will help us to correct these issues and provide a comfortable night’s rest for future guests. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at Homewood suites for a total of 4 nights. The main reason we chose this place as it was not too far outside of San Francisco but a lot cheaper and family friendly. Had no problems with check in, staff were always friendly. From Monday to Thursday a light dinner is served which helped save $$. Breakfast was great too, with fruit, a hot selection and cereals to choose from.
Rooms were very clean and comfortable, however the mattress in the fold out sofa bed was terrible! This however was the only thing I have to complain about.
Bonus is the laundry facilities on the 3rd floor.
Close to shops and freeway, would stay here again if we return to the states.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Aussiekids3
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After looking in SanFransico for a hotel with ajoining rooms for my adult daughter and myself (her Dad) Too much money! Newark looked close to many places we wanted to tour. Homewood suites looked like a good choice. What a pleasant suprise,not only was it very clean and comfortable the breakfast buffet was a super way to start the day without going around town looking for a place to fuel up to start our long days of touring this interesting area.Not only will I stay again ,Im online now to see locations ! Thanks Pontiac5758@aol.com.

Room tip: No opinion,our room on the 4th floor was fine.
Date of stay: September 2012