All reviewsbasketball courtmonday to thursdaybaseball tournamentcomplimentary dinnerfull kitchencomplimentary newspaperbeer and winegreat hotellong staylarge mallbbq arearoom suitefreeway accessfitness centergreat roompool and hot tubnight's sleep
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After looking in SanFransico for a hotel with ajoining rooms for my adult daughter and myself (her Dad) Too much money! Newark looked close to many places we wanted to tour. Homewood suites looked like a good choice. What a pleasant suprise,not only was it very clean and comfortable the breakfast buffet was a super way to start the day without going around town looking for a place to fuel up to start our long days of touring this interesting area.Not only will I stay again ,Im online now to see locations ! Thanks Pontiac5758@aol.com.

Room Tip: No opinion,our room on the 4th floor was fine.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this Homewood Suites. It is by no means a new hotel, but even though it is a little older they have kept it in very good condition. The grounds are very pretty. I enjoyed the good wifi connection, not perfect, but good. The channel selection is decent. The cleanliness is good. I did have an ozone machine in my room when I first got in there, but they quickly removed it, and the room smelled pretty decent the whole stay, no problems there. They also forgot to give me a shower curtain, but they quickly came and installed one after a call to the front desk. Those are small problems though. I was working at night so I would ask them to send housekeeping to my room each day at about 3:30 and there were no problems with getting housekeeping service. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a very clean and quiet property. With business meetings in Berkeley, Moraga, and Santa Clara, the location was perfect, though Interstate 880 is a busy freeway during rush hour. (I tried to leave and return at "off-times" and it worked out well.) There is a large Asian population in the area and so there were several Asian restaurants near-by and the property was also adjacent to a large mall that was anchored by Macy's. Freeway access was easy, too. My studio suite, which was at the end of the hallway, was spacious and included a full kitchen. It was quiet, though my refrigerator had a noticeable hum that eventually I got used to. There were three things that I hope will be adjusted in the future: 1) I would have preferred a firmer mattress; 2) On one of the three mornings, the water in the shower never quite got as hot as I like it; and 3) The only electrical outlet in the bedroom area was behind the head of the bed. I would have liked having an outlet in the base of the lamps rather than having to move the mattress to plug in my electronics. All of that said, this was one of the better kept Homewood Suites properties I've stayed in, despite its age, and together with a more than decent free breakfast, friendly staff, and quiet location, I can see returning in the future. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JRLAW
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were in town for my daughter's gymnastics meet at Pac West in Union City and had an excellent experience here. We arrived in the evening. Check in was quick and smooth. We have a family of 5 (kids ages 13, 11, and 8) and booked one of the 2 queen suites. We were pleasantly surprised that it comprised of a kitchenette, common room with pull out bed and fireplace and TWO separate bedrooms each with their own bath and TV. For this and a nice buffet breakfast for 5 in the morning, the price we paid (I think a little over $100) was amazing. The sofa bed didn't seem real comfy (you could feel the springs underneath), but its fine for a little kid and my daughter said she slept well. The regular beds were comfortable. It was quiet. Everything was clean. Its not easy to find a place that will accomodate a family of 5 comfortably but this place was perfect. My husband and I were able to stay up and watch TV and surf the free internet without disturbing the kids. Likewise were able to get up early to get ready and allow my daughter to sleep a little more to allow enought rest before her meet. Breakfast was ready by 7am. It was nothing fancy, but more than adequate with a waffle station, oatmeal, fruits, cereals, sausage, juices, an hot cocoa. We will definitely choose this place again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with 2 teenagers here for a soccer tournament. the room and furnishings were so clean and fresh looking you would think they were brand new. Don't know if I've ever been in a cleaner room and wasn't really expecting to ind it at this price. Rooms are tastefully decorated and the suite comes with a full kitchen - real stove, full sized fridge. We weren't here long enough to need thst, but or a longer stay that would be a major convenience. Even though we were given a smoking suite (no non-smoking were available), amazingly, the room did not smell at all. Between the 2 bedrooms and living area there were 3 flat screen TVs. We didn't use the pool, but checked it out and it was good sized and clean. The free breakfast is the real deal. Too often breakfast buffets are picked over, cold eggs unless you are first in line. The kitchen staff kept the food coming so that they were constantly replenishing every dish. The morning we were there they offered two kinds of scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes, a huge array of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels and a make your own waffle station and a wide selection of beverages. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. New Park Mall is literally around the corner and is pretty good sized and has all the stores you'd expect o find at a suburban mall. This hotel is easy to get too, just minutes from the freeway. If I ever need to stay in Newark again, I will definitely come back here. If other Homewood Suites live up o the same standards, I'll seek them elsewhere as well

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family