“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Niagara Falls, New York
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Wonderful place to stay. Our family of five - one teen, two adult children and my husband and I- shared a two bedroom suite with pullout couch bed. Our suite looked to be recently up dated. Each bedroom has it s own bath. Kitchen - living room area with small dining table. We had plenty of room and 3 tvs! This place is SUPER clean. Staff is friendly and will do whatever it takes to see you comfortable. Breakfast is included, was very good and had plenty of items to choose from- eggs to cereals to oatmeal to waffles and everything in between. They also provide a small dinner Monday to Thursday with different entree every night. The dining room was clean and updated also.Oh yes, we had a laundry room right on our floor and for $1.00 a load - big machines- it was very convienent. We heard nothing from other rooms so it was very quiet. The photos on website do not not show the place well. They really should update their website. Pool, jacuzzi, executive computer room, gym all perfect for us. Really cant say enough Will definately stay here again! I would have had a personal preference of one bedroom having two twin beds instead of both rooms having queens- yes beds were comfortable; sofa bed was fine for my small daughter but remember it is a sofa bed- BUT they have plenty of roll a way beds available. Really nice place and for $119.00 for double room suite and nice full breakfast -you can't beat it!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite-- loved it and laundry facilites on same floor . Not sure if all rooms are upd...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is my 3rd stay here in the past year. First time was simply due to location-convenient to my client and I arrived late and left early. But the brief stay was a good one-rooms clean, quiet & comfortable. The second time I was able to try the breakfast and dinner-yes dinner. Breakfast was very good -better than most.The dining room staff is pleasant and do a good job of keeping food freshly stocked in the serve yourself set up. I travel alot and dinner-especially an edible one-included in the rate is a great treat. So I was actually looking forward to my stay this time and they haven't disappointed. They are in the process of a major refurbishing (not that it noticably needed it). The hallways and rooms have new carpet. My room is spotless-kudos to their housekeeping staff. Breakfast was excellent this morning. I get so tired of rubbery scrambled eggs & greasy pre-cooked bacon as is usual at other hotels. These eggs were delicious and the chicken apple sausage was a great addition. I'm looking forward to dinner and a glass of wine. I have stayed at other Homewood Suites and have not been as lucky! Management and staff here "do it right".

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pepper1208
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2011

After checking the area for two rooms for four family members, we stumbled upon the Homewood Suites. We stayed two nights and will definitely return. We called ahead to see if we might check in early and were able to, thankfully. Front desk help was very efficient and friendly every time we needed help. We got the two bedroom, two bath room suite. Living room and kitchen in between. It gave plenty of room for both family time and time apart. Having two bathrooms was the most convenient aspect. Breakfasts were hearty and had convenient times. We heard almost no other guests, even though the breakfast tables were just about full, so the hotel must have been near capacity. We highly recommend staying here. Econcomical, quiet, convenient to the 880, great breakfasts and plenty of space!

• Stayed December 2011
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed November 5, 2011

i stayed in this hotel for a month. it was awesome and good experience. Very Silent and Staffs are cooperative.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
California
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We were in town for a small family gathering. We had a 2-bedroom suite we shared with my sister, brother-in-law and their son and my in-laws had a studio suite. Both were very nice and roomy. Although we only stayed one night in this suite hotel, it was nice to have the space of the living room and kitchen. Everything was clean and nice. The staff was also nice and helpful. Breakfast the next morning was one of the main reasons we choose the hotel. It was a full breakfast with plenty of choices. Good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I love staying here! This is the best place to stay away from home with the comforts of home! I have gotten so spoiled staying here that now when I travel I search to see if there is a Homewood Suites in the location I am traveling to! This location has everything in the area you could possibly need: freeway access, very quiet and secluded but also a mall across the parking lot, 7 eleven within walking distance, a grocery store a few blocks away if you choose to do your own cooking, all the eateries and restaurant's a short drive away. They also serve a complimentary hot/cold breakfast with fresh fruit! My needs were met far beyond my expectations! I will always stay at a Homewood Suites as long as they continue to offer above and beyond service!

Room Tip: I chose a room overlooking the pool. Please keep in mind that if you choose a room overlooking the p...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

If you have to be in the Fremont/Newark area this property is by far the best dollar value with some interesting perks. To wit, this is truly a residence inn which houses Silicon Valley contractors, many of whom are clearly working on H1 foreign visas. My room had a large screen flat HD tv in each of three rooms which you could turn on and then run from room to room without missing anything of your favorite show (you do get bored after two weeks anywhere but home.)

The eating facility is simply a large dining hall with excellent buffet dinners Monday-Thursday nights which change entrees and sides nightly. The month's "Welcome Home" dinner menu is posted on your refrigerator and is strangely patterened after traditional high school cafeteria fare (without the serving ladies in hairnets slopping food on your plate) such as chili cheese dogs and make-it-youself tacos, all you can eat (or stomach.) But, wait, it gets better...from 5-6 p.m. all beer and wine is free. Because of this most of the residents who are in the know show up at 4:45 glasses in hand. Incredibly, it is humanly possible to pound down 10-12 glasses of keg beer in one hour. Then the singing starts with the Chinese workers singing rousing work or Red Army marching songs followed by sad and mopey crooning about being homesick or lonely in many kinds of harmony which sometimes gets in sync, but mostly not. When they are through drinking and singing, they quietly eat their dinners and leave everyone else staring in bug-eyed wonder at the performance. Every night, four nights per week.

In the morning the breakfast buffet is standard. Lobby waffles are a welcome extra, as always.

Here's the other weird part: one morning I went out to my car to get a file to work on and noticed a middle-aged homeless women in the bushes ditching her shopping bags and brushing out her hair. She then marched past the front desk and into the dining room after me. No one said a word as she went through the buffet line, choosing only protein, vegetables and fruit selections and then ate by herself. She even refused coffee or tea when the server asked. Looking around at some of the other solo diners I soon realized she might not be alone. Believe me, I was not scared or worried, but somehow pleasantly surprised there is a hotel in California whose corporate largesse is warm-hearted enough to look away when the homeless show up for breakfast and present themselves reasonably well. Welcome to the new Depression.

Room Tip: Front parking lot has some dicey characters in the morning; because of outside access, choose a room...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Disillusioned1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Aloft Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
#3 of 9 in Newark
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont? Share your experiences!