“Very impressed”

Aloft Silicon Valley
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel, knowing full well that it used to be the 'W' but is now the 'Aloft'. I've been to a few different W's in different cities, and have been impressed with them for the most part. However, I LOVED my stay here at the aloft. I was with my mum for my sister in laws baby shower in Fremont and since we live in Marin, it was easier to stay the night before closer to the shower. I'm so glad we picked this hotel. I am in the hotel business myself, so I find it second nature to 'nit pick' but everyone from the moment we checked in to we left was extremely nice and professional. We had dinner and some drinks at the bar; which for a Friday wasn't over crowded so it was nice to eat and drink but still hear ourselves think/talk. We were fortunate enough to have the wonderful Miguel serve us at the bar, who is by far one of the most polite, honest and enjoyable barman I've ever had the pleasure to converse with. He was super attentive and also very friendly but genuine too. Not to mention he manages to put up with people getting drunk and chatting his ear off about all kinds of stuff, yet no matter what, stays polite and always says goodnight with a genuine invite back whenever the guest will be back in town. Perhaps it's because I am in the hospitality business, but these little things are very important and make huge impressions on the customers you're serving. There was a lady at the bar too, I didn't get her name (my apologies) but she was very professional too and was kept on her toes working with a larger group of people at a birthday table.
The room was well priced for the size and amenities, it was spotless and I loved the 'Bliss' soaps they use. I wish I could've enjoyed it for more than one night. But if I'm staying over in the Easy Bay again, Aloft has my reservation for sure. Everything and everyone were fantastic. The food at the bar, the staff, the room and my only complaint is that we couldn't stay an extra night. Thank you to everyone at the Aloft in Newark Silicon Valley. Although I didn't get all your names, you were ALL very helpful and welcoming. You made our stay a wonderful one and we will be back. I can't help give out an extra shout out to Mr Miguel, for putting up with me and my mum after quite a 'few' drinks :) We crazy Scots women sometimes don't realise how annoying we can get after too much scotch. Haha. Thanks to everyone for a great stay.
Gail & Josephine :)

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Gailama23
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Hi!

We did used to be a W Hotel, but recently changed to an Aloft. Our redesign allowed us to be one of the most spacious Aloft Hotels.I'm glad to hear you had the pleasure of meeting Miguel in the bar. His personalized service makes every visit a special one. I look forward to sharing your compliments with everyone.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have stayed Ina least a dozen Aloft hotels, and they can be a bit stiff and plastic, though clean and modern. The Silicon Valley one, however is the least plastic, though more clean and modern - what other Alofts should be.

The rooms are huge, the dining area is larger and more comfortable, & the pool area cool and upscale.

But the rooms and bathrooms really make the difference. It feels like an upscale W, EVEN BETTER THAN SOME.

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Location eh, but the property is worth the drive at its decent prices.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello!

Thank you for your loyalty to Aloft Hotels. I'm glad to hear we are your favorite out of all those you've visited. Our all suite property offers ample space for you to make yourself at home. On your next visit, stop by W XYZ Bar for a handcrafted cocktail.

We'll see you soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The hotel is really well situated if you want to be close to the peninsula and also the east bay, this was the main attraction to me. Interior decor is modern and up-to-date, slightly crazy stock ticker in the lobby sets some kind of ambience but not entirely sure what. Rooms contain kitchens, but no crockery or cutlery so I think these a bit of a half thought out add-on, obligatory coffee maker functions fine however. A major omission is that the hotel doesn't seem to have a same-day laundry service, instead I was pointed to self-service laundry facilities which sometimes are great but simply something I didn't have time for this trip. I'd expect better at the price.

Overall, I would stay here again, but 100% because of the location which was ideal for the different areas I needed to get to.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm afraid there must be some confusion as we don't offer a self-laundry service at our hotel. We would be happy to find you a dry cleaner nearby however. All of our suites do feature a kitchenette to fulfill your basic needs. If you need anything at all, just ask. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed one night in March 2014. Great hotel. Nice, clean, and large room. The fitness room was great. The pool super nice. A bit noisy in the lobby with loud music, otherwise great and would return again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hi there!

Thanks for staying with us! We are a great hotel in Silicon Valley and take pride in the service we provide our guests. If you ever have any issues please reach out to us. We will do everything we can to make your stay more comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Alexa W,

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel from March 2 - 11. Beatuful facility and big room with king-sized bed, living area, and kitchenette. Great staff that aimed to please. Supermarket and restaurants 1 mile away. Great preserve across the street for running or walking.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi Robert!

We are perfect for extended stays because of our spacious rooms. The kitchenette is great for storing quick food items. If you're looking for something a more substantial, head downstairs and have dinner with us or grab a cocktail and some light bites.

See you soon,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently had to travel to the San Francisco area for a funeral. My cousin's husband recommended that we stay at the Aloft. It was a great hotel. Rooms were very big, lots of space for the wife and kids to relax. What made this stay even more pleasant, was the front desk staff, specifically, Jason. He was the one that checked us in. He was very professional and customer service oriented. He was having a hardward problem with his credit card reader, but he was very apologetic for the inconvience, even though it wasn't his fault. I was great to see someone take ownership of the issue and was very professional in our interaction!!! Great job Jason!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hi Ron!

Thank you for the amazing feedback. We are glad to have hosted you through a difficult time. Our guestrooms are very spacious and offer the perfect amount of space for families to spread out.

I look forward to sharing your compliments with Jason. He is a huge asset to our team here.

See you soon,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This honestly the first review i've ever written. This place was gorgeous. Very modern, great staff, the amenities were so nice. The bar in the lobby and comfortable lobby seating really created an excellent networking atmosphere.
I came here myself traveling for business. Definitely coming back!

Room Tip: My view of the pool was nice, king size bed was great.