“Highly recommend for a great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Silicon Valley

Aloft Silicon Valley
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Chicago
“Highly recommend for a great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed in this hotel when it was called "W" with my family attending a family function nearby.
Very spacious and comfortable rooms - Awesome furniture, and Fantastic bathrooms.
Very friendly hotel staffs.
My boys went for swimming in the pool and they liked it very much.
Very elegant, quite atmosphere.
Close to highway and Facebook headquarters:D

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aarvi
General M, General Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Aarvi,

We are happy that you and the family enjoyed your visit and appreciated the improvements that have been made since renovating the W hotel. I bet you knew that we are the closest hotel to Facebook's campus in Menlo Park as well. We are excited to provide great accommodations here in the heart of Silicon Valley. See you soon!

Benjamin Malmquist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel is just fine for business travellers. The staff seems to be uncaring to the broken treadmill in the gym (the gym itself is a very tiny and basic one). The swimming pool heater is also broken but to the hotel staff it is just fine.
Many days the room service is not carried out and you will find a surprise when you are back to room in the evening.
Location wise, there is no market place nearby, you need to drive 2 miles.
On the better side, the room had good number of closets and drawers.

Room Tip: The rooms either face the road or the parking lots
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Naresh T
Dear Naresh T,

I wanted to reach out to you and provide updates on some of the items that you had mentioned. We really appreciated hearing your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to make improvements so that we can exceed your expectations.

You are absolutely correct that a piece of equipment in our fitness center has stopped working. After having having a professional repair person diagnose the problem, we have determined to replace it with a brand new machine. I am certain that you will enjoy this during your next visit with us.

We also do turn our heated pool off during the colder winter month when it gets little use (as an energy savings initiative for a green hotel, for which we are certified). If you would like the heater turned on during the offseason, we are happy to do so at your convenience. Thank you again for the comments and I am certainly at your service if I may ever be of assistance.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was good. Great location for my stay for work purposes. The view from my room was looking at a HVAC unit on the roof. Room was better than average so all in all stay was good. As I was not there for fun I did not hunt out any tourist activities. We did taxi to SF that was $120 each way.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear csgaetz,

We really appreciated hearing that you had a good stay at the Aloft, Silicon Valley for your work purposes. The hotel is newly renovated and the staff takes a great deal of pride in their work. In addition to taking a taxi to nearby San Francisco, there are also a number of less expensive public transportation options to consider. If I may ever be of service, please do let me know.

Newark, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a local here in Newark and have a few hotel options within reach like the two Marriott's near my home and the Hilton. I chose the Aloft which use to be the W Hotel because the rate was the lowest since I was only staying for one night because my water heater broke and was not able to fix it till the next day and I needed warm water. I checked into the Aloft hotel with Brian around 11pm, he was awesome and made the check-in process seamless. Got to my room # 423 and it was a nice room overlooking the pool in the courtyard. I had called Brian again and asked if possible to get a DVD player 5-10mins later door knocking and it was room service with the DVD player, "AWESOME". Overall great staff, ambiance and well kept clean rooms. I only stayed for an evening and enjoyed it.

Thanks!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Tofa U,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others on Trip Advisor who are looking for a great place to stay in Silicon Valley. I will certainly pass along your feedback to Brian and the rest of the team. We look forward to hosting you again soon (but not because of a broken hot water heater!).

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Maybe there's too much money in Silicon Valley, but what you pay for very mediocre hotels in the Valley is outrageous. Thankfully the Aloft provides reasonably priced, clean, very spacious accommodation, plenty of parking, that does the job. I've stayed here multiple times and am happy to come back.

The location isn't the best - in the middle of nowhere in a business park, and the wrong side of the Dumbarton Bridge (don't try and cross after 7.30am) - but that's the trade-off for the lower rates.

Also, don't expect any recognition if you are elite with SPG - I'm Gold and was once given what (I think) is probably the worst room in the place, right behind reception and close to the lobby/bar area. Thankfully the doors are quite thick and nobody was being too rowdy that night...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello!

I am glad to hear we are your hotel of choice in Silicon Valley. Our rooms are very spacious, making them ideal for a business stay. We value our SPG members and do our best to recognize them each stay. We will provide some additional training to ensure you are recognized at each stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

All the best,
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had our company holiday party at the Aloft Silicon Valley Hotel for the very first time this year. I could not be any more happy with how everything turned out. Krista was very helpful in planning our event to every detail. I didn't have to worry about anything, she handled all of my concerns.

The day of the event, was perfect! The food was delicious! I did not have one complaint from any guest! The bartender Miguel was professional, friendly and made great drinks! John, the event manager, was very attentive and took care of us all evening. The servers took care of our dishes and glass promptly and all walked around with a smile. We even let us join us in a little karaoke :) They were great!

I really would like to have our party here again, I am so pleased with the entire event!

Thank you to all who helped make this evening perfect!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hi Tam!

Thank you for choosing to host your holiday party with us. It was a pleasure to have you! I will be glad to pass your compliments along to everyone. I hope to welcome you all back soon.

All the best,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

My rental car was broken into on the hotel's parking lot. This is not the first time this has happened to customers at this location. They have no security camera surveillance of their parking lot so it's pretty much taking a gamble parking here. I would suggest you park your car on the same side of the building as your room so that you can check on it throughout the night because they have no security.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hello,

I am sorry to note that your rental car was broken into during you stay with us. While we don't have security camera surveillance in our parking lot, we have actual security monitoring the property on a regular basis. We also have signs in our parking lot advising against leaving personal belongings in your car. We take the safety of our guests very seriously and do everything we can to make their stays with us comfortable. I hope you found the rest of your stay enjoyable.

Best wishes,
Alexa W.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Courtyard Newark Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley
BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley

Been to Aloft Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!