“Know what you are getting into.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of E-Z 8 Motel Newark/Fremont

E-Z 8 Motel Newark/Fremont
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Redlands, CA
“Know what you are getting into.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Fremont to visit family. When I told them that we were staying at the EZ-8 motel they got wide eyed and concerned. Many of the residents living there are on government housing vouchers. My brother in law has personally paid to have homeless people put up in this hotel. Two weeks ago a murder suspect was picked up there. The police make frequent trips through the parking lot. I was told that on slow nights the police will go through the guest registry and then pick up people with warrants. With that said, we did not have any problems with people. The staff was just fine and helpful. The place was surprisingly quiet at night. We were in a non-smoking room (as were all the rooms around us) which just means that people stand outside their doors to smoke. If you have issues with being around smokers you do not want to be at this hotel. The bathtub and AC were a mess (see pictures). The carpet, although vacuumed, was dirty. My kids ended up with black feet after walking around on it. We all started wearing sox inside the room. I left notes (and tips) for housekeeping and I always got what I wanted (extra towels and vacuuming). We ended up staying there for a few nights and then moved into our relative's house for the remainder of the trip. With that said..... the place is incredibly inexpensive. It is pretty crummy but it is cheap. Life is full of trade offs. If it was just me, without my family, I would stay here again. But I will not be back here with my wife and kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank mbarre

Couples
Business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the cheapest place I could find within driving distance of SF airport where I had an afternoon flight ( it took me an hour to get to the airport in rush hour traffic) the room was basic but clean. The staff was helpful.

There seemed to be a lot of families living in the hotel who had lots of children and also I did see a couple of junkies living there but even they were polite and left us alone.

I would recommend this place if you don't expect too much and you maintain some level of caution. I had no problems whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Louise D
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Adaquately clean & quiet. OK clerks.
Grounds a bit tacky; lots of "lower lives" here but OK: no problems with anyone.
I have stayed here 1-2 DOZEN times. Yes, worth coming back.
Just have minimal expectations.
I like the fridge!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank CelibateSANTACuddler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Comfort Inn and Suites Newark
Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Been to E-Z 8 Motel Newark/Fremont? Share your experiences!