“wished we could have stayed longer”
Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
Reviewed October 7, 2010

we arrived late at the reception and hadn't booked ahead but they had 1 room left we could take, the Creekside Hideaway.
Very close to the town, walked into town for dinner & breakfast.
The little house was lovely, very clean with a private parking area and patio. Wireless internet was very good quality.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2010

After cruising almost 300 miles on a motorcycle, the pretty Outside Inn and Nevada City offered a welcome reward. The Autumn room is tiny but adequate, the pool was a treat and very cold in September. The service was very friendly and helpful. I would love to go back, but pick a larger room to stay in next time. You have a good 5-10 minute walk to town, but it's not a problem. It's actually a pleasure to walk along the towns streets. People take a lot of pride keeping up their homes which adds to the ambiance of the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The Outside Inn is by far the best place to stay on a practical budget.We all know that convenience is highly over rated but this ranch round style motel is quaint and cozy. The theme rooms make for a great way for young teenagers to choose from. And the kitchenette rooms are perfect for meals-in after a long day discovering the river .The outside shower is nice to relax and enjoy under the stars and the firepit w/ lazer beam lighting is quite inviting and a great place to tell ghost stories.We can't wait to stay again and again .

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

came across this place when driving through, stayed just one night but would loved to have stayed so much longer.The attention to details is excellent, plus the fire pit area by the river, the water feature outside the rooms, and the staff nothing is too much trouble. Then there are the rooms themselves five star. If you are travelling take time out to stay at this place..........

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We arrived in Nevada City without a reservation and picked up the Outside Inn infomation at the Tourist Information. We had an amazing welcome and giiven keys to two themed rooms to chose. We chose the woodland room, which although very small was clean and quiet. The main room had a double bed with TV, coffee maker, fridge etc and there was little room off to one side with a single bed. The bathroom was very small but again clean and with plenty of towels. The town was a five minute walk away and on our way, a deer crossed our path. Lots of restaurants and bohemian shops to browse. The inn was a good place to use as a stop-over, I wouldn't want to stay more than one or two nights.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Wilson080
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I found the Outside Inn on tripadvisor when i googled "Pet Friendly, Nevada City" The descriptions I found in the reviews matched perfectly. I arrived with my daughter who attends college in Chico 1 1/2 hours north west and our 1 year old yellow lab. Upon arrival and check in we were greeted with a friendly staff member and given a little package with a treat for the dog and some bags for , well, you know. Also the entire thing was wrapped in a paper that explained the rules about pets. The rule thatt took me by surprise was you "can not leave your pet in the room alone" . Foiled again! , I had brought a portable kennel for when we went to dinner but no go. No worries , after thinking about it it makes perfect sense and I am totally OK with this rule. They do charge an extra $20 for the dog per night, but that seemed reasonable as well. We stayed in the Angler room, ( all the rooms have themes_) check the website. It had a queen bed, very comfy and a separate bath room and little kitchen as well. The TP was kept in a wicker fishing basket, nice touch! The room was creekside with windows and a door on the back side of the room which I thought was really neat! The coolest thing that took us totally by surprise is the green specks that are the result of a laser projection. When we arrived back from dinner we saw all these emerald green specks in the pool , around the pool and in the trees! It was cool. Later in the night I looked out the back window and the entire creek area had the same emerald green specs. If you go be sure not to miss this light show! The landscaping was great and the rooms were clean. One night with the dog and my daughter ran $125. It is a short walk in to the center of town, Nevada City. It's a charming little town. We ate at the Pine Street Cafe for breakfast that another reviewer recommended and I had the best Huevos Rancheros ever! For dinner we ate at Leftys and it was quite good , I had their award winning flat pizza with pear and Balsamic viniger, my daughter had a turkey burger and garlic fries, all good! After dinner we strolled down to the oldest operating Hotel in the west I think, can't remember it's name but it had a cool bar and they have karioke on Friday nights and they make a mean Lemon Drop! The bartender sings as does the DJ and some regulars. We had fun . It was a beautiful time of year to visit Nevada City. I will definitely go back and spend a few days next time and I will without question stay at the Outside Inn, it rocks!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We (a group of us on Harleys) stayed at the Outside Inn, walked into town for shopping and dinner, sat our chairs out in the common area in the middle and sat around, had a few, BS'd for the evening. We rented 4 rooms there and everybody was totally satisfied and we still tell people about it. My favorite thing was the 'free' fruit & produce stand out front on the street. And the hostess was very friendly which of course helps! GREAT PLACE and I totally recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#3 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!