“Quaint, Close to Downtown”
Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
San Rafael, California
“Quaint, Close to Downtown”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed at Outside Inn for a friend's wedding that was in nearby Grass Valley and it was an excellent time. The staff was super friendly, the property is small but has a cute picnic and grass area in the center and a pool on the side. We stayed in River Room 8, which was adorable. I shared with a married couple and I slept in the twin bed nook. It would be perfect for a child but even for me it was wonderful to wake up to the trees and sun shining through the window. They also have an adorable set of baskets up front to leave or take fresh veggies for free - I love the community feel. It's also a short 7 ish minute walk to downtown Nevada City where we went to breakfast and the farmer's market. I would highly recommend! My only small complaint is that the bed was old and so it slanted to the right. If the beds were updated it would be perfect!

Room Tip: There is a cottage that is a tiny bit separate from the rest of the rooms that sounds nice, but Rive...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Woodland, California
Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you like small towns with a lot of history don't miss out, stop in Nevada City!! We stayed at the Outside Inn Motel and our room was called the Winter room. Each room has a different name and it's own decor. The room was very clean and quite for being off of one of the main streets. But for the price we received a nice surprise right outside your back door there is a very nice walking trail. Or if you prefer you can just sit outside your room (chairs provided) and have your first cup of morning coffee enjoying nature. Definitely coming back!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, California
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Finally got to stay here for the Wed.nite market in N.C. Had been shown the rooms on a previous trip and my first impression was correct. Clean Clean. Stayed in the Wildflower room. Upon arriving was happily greeted by Erin in the office. Once I got situated in the room I proceeded to take my kindle outside and sat in a anarondak chair by the stream going thru the property. The sound of the water going over the rocks was so peaceful I even nodded off for a bit. So nice that it is close enough to walk to town for the great Wed. experience. If you want a quiet, clean, friendly, peaceful place to stay, this is it. The prices are excellent also.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank polarbear6791
Hot Springs, South Dakota
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel has the feel of staying at my grandparents lake cabin. It was charming, clean and had what I needed with a big enough fridge to buy groceries for the week and a hot plate for cooking. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My dog and I were made very welcome. Comfortable, tastefully decorated rooms and convenient walking distance to downtown Nevada City. Staff was very helpful in recommending day trips to state parks and places to go in town.

Room Tip: Rooms 9 and 10 have a good view through the back window of a lovely creek. Check out the photos of...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Outside Inn in Nevada City, CA, and it was even better this time, if that is possible! Very clean, comfortable, quiet and a nice walk from the downtown area. We will continue to stay at the Outside Inn when we visit Nevada City, it is such a fun place to visit and the owners are very informative and helpful - just love it!

Room Tip: Rooms all have an individual motif, both visits we have selected the Anglers room (fisherman's d...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ktneal
Chico, California
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My in laws bought us room at the Outside Inn for a Mothers day/ Fathers day gift. This charming little getaway was just what we needed. The room had everything we needed in it! It was very warm and cozy and the service was just as nice! Everything was exceptionally clean and we felt very comfortable. Its just a short walk to the downtown area. I would defiantly recommend staying here

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley
Best Western Golden Key

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!