“Outside Inn is a great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
San Francisco
“Outside Inn is a great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a perfect getaway place. Easy access, very clean, comfy bed and good coffee (with real half 'n half) for the morning.

The only down side was not knowing the procedure for late night check in...but we figured it out eventually.

I would stay here again in a heart beat!

~A

Room Tip: We stayed in room #1 Wildflower which was right by the side of the road and I was worried that it wo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nonabanona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great rooms, lovely quilts, all very well appointed. Slept well and enjoyed the peace and quiet after time spent in SF. Very welcoming for dogs so our friend could bring his canine. Ate dinner outside at the benches under the stars when American residents had already retired for the night. Loved the stream, pond and planting. The owners take pride and care of their establishment. We think we chose well!

Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were a group of four -- three family members and a friend -- and we chose the cottage at the Outside Inn. It was a good pick, and we liked having the extra space and the charm of the little separate house across the creek from the reconfigured old motel. The whole property had a lot of whimsical art pieces and a sense for creating a cared-for space. The only down side for this Southern Californian was the f-r-i-g-i-d "seasonal" swimming pool. Service people were great, and the ambiance was excellent. I especially appreciated the liberal telephone service which let me ring my wife's mobile phone for free.

1 Thank Waldorf2012
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Fantastic location in the old gold rush town of Nevada City!
A wonderful dog friendly inn, with a cottage option that gives your family more space and privacy. The floors slope which for us only made it more charming. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BrownDogOrangeCat
Ciudad Mazatlán, Sinaloa, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very cute and cozy. We have a wonderful two days here. Clean rooms, nice efficiency kitchen with large fridge and nice bathroom towels. Loved sitting out back by the creek and having a fire in the evening. The yard art is fun and the whole environment is relaxing.
Easy walk to downtown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl C
Livermore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I make frequent trips up to Nevada City for dog rescue. I like to spend the night as I live in the Bay Area and spending the night makes my trip easier and more pleasurable if I stay one or two nights. For 2 years I have been trying to get a chance to stay at this place as it was recommended to me by our founder of our non-profit organization. My trips are usually planned a week or two in advance and I was still not able to stay there. They book fast! This place is not fancy 5 star. It is country, unique and makes me feel like I am just catching my breath. They are pet friendly. The entire staff is so helpful and will do anything to make your stay comfortable and part of a family member. They treat your pets the same as well. They have cute little things like a hand made wood wall tilted with wicker baskets attached to them for people to drop off fruits and veggies that they were not able to eat or take with them, for others to enjoy. The grounds are small but they have little gardens for you to pick from to enjoy yourself or put in the baskets to enjoy. Sometimes you just might find a basket with some fresh lavender to enjoy. They have small yet peaceful little waterfalls with bistro tables and chairs right next to them for you to enjoy the sounds. There is a small grass area for the dogs and they provide picnic tables, BBQ equipment for you to enjoy a BBQ. The picnic tables have outdoor candles on them to you to light if you choose to enjoy a glass of wine by candle light at night. This place is kid friendly as well. When I stayed there the children were just happy and not annoying as I do not enjoy loud or misbehaved children. This place has the best, and most hikes and bike trails mapped out in complete detail so that you are never in question as to where in the world you are. Children are most likely so exhausted after the days events. Shopping is just a short walk to the main street. Lots of little shops with different things you would not find back at your home town. All of the rooms are theme style. My goal is to stay at least once in each room in order to find out which is my favorite room! I have never wrote a review before. I never have the time and when I do have something to say about a hotel I always write the corporate office with a complaint.

Room Tip: no restaurant or room service on site. Go experience one of the great restaurants walking distance...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Wendy T
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have stayed at many other locations in the Grass Valley and Nevada City area for years but have never been able to stay here - it is always booked up! I made reservations months ahead of time for once and was very pleased. I have a family of five - three teenagers and a dog - and we rented two rooms for two nights. The rooms (4 and 5?) had kitchenettes, clean bathrooms, cable TV (basic), nice homey and creative decor - a really lovely quaint cottage feel. The check-in was simple and the clerk was very helpful, recommending restaurants, hiking paths, maps, and the First Friday Art Fair downtown. You can easily walk downtown, but be aware the property is at the bottom of a hill and the sidewalks are a little narrow. The courtyard has a nice picnic area and the pool area is clean and organized. There is even a fire pit area by the creek. The rooms had an extra quilt and pillows and a fold out couch as well. I will be making early reservations for next year as well!

Room Tip: Lots of good rooms with different price points. Some rooms don't allow kids or dogs. Talk to t...
2 Thank photomom
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gold Miners Inn-Grass Valley
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#4 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!