“Creekside Hide Away - highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
You added Outside Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
London
“Creekside Hide Away - highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in the lovely Creekside Hide Away, which is owned by the Outside Inn and would highly recommend it. The place itself is lovely, clean and very well equipped as well as being full of lovely little features, such as the BBQ next to the creek.

The staff are friendly, massively helpful and have excellent advice on what to do. Nevada City itself is a gorgeous little town with LOTS of stuff going on and a great place to visit.

1 Thank Beckie K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Love this family owned motel. Each room is artfully decorated with a different theme. Vintage with a twist. It is not luxurious but oh so comfortable and perfectly proper! We have stayed in the charming Winter & Tour de Nevada City rooms. It is great to be able to prepare your own breakfast, lunch or barbecue in a fun and lovely setting. The night lit garden is a spectacular masterpiece. The location is great, just a short stroll into town too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend stayed here several times, and we were planning a trip up to Nevada City for the Memorial Day holiday. We didn't make reservations ahead of time, as we were just kind of "winging it". When we arrived in town (the most ADORABLE little town I've ever seen), we drove up Broad St to the Outside Inn. The BF told me about the themed rooms and we had looked it up on our tablet. It looked clean and cute, and we were only in town for the night, so we decided to take our chances and see what they had available.

We looked around and found Erin, who turned out to be one of the owners, doing laundry in the laundry room. We asked her if there was any chance of a room open, and she had two options: A room for $79 with 2 Twin Beds, or the "Creekside Hideaway Cabin" located off the property downtown for $155. Since it was our first vacation together I asked to at least see the cabin. She met us at the office and showed us the photos of the cabin. Although my bf balked at splurging for just one night, I insisted, and we booked the cabin. It was a short jaunt down Broad St to Pine St and we drove over. Erin also was EXTREMELY knowledgeable of the town and surrounding areas and gave us some tips on how to navigate the weekend. I can't rave enough about her and her welcoming attitude!

The room we saw at the office was EXACTLY the one we got. Pictures didn't do it justice!! We had private parking. The cabin was PERFECT for 2 people, and the owners of this business spared NO amenity for those spending a bit more for the private cabin. We had a full covered porch with 2 Adarondak Chairs and a little table. We opened the door to a beautiful "studio" style cabin with a kitchenette, bathroom, dining table and chairs. We also had a large dresser/vanity with a huge mirror, climate controlled heat/air, a large reading chair with side table. The king size bed was ridiculously comfortable, and we even had Cable!!! Our kitchen not only came stocked with coffee/tea/hot chocolate, they gave us mugs, a microwave, fridge, A full set of dinnerware and silverware, dishtowels, a full sink, and cooking utensils!

The bathroom was spotless, and we had soap dispensers both over the sink and shampoo/conditioner/soap dispensers in the shower. The water got hot FAST and stayed hot for a long time. We also had a private patio down the hill a bit, complete with a table with umbrella, two more lounge chairs, and a barbeque with charcoal, lighter fluid, news paper and cooking utensils cleaned and waiting to be used.

Wish we could have stayed longer than one night, because this place TRULY felt like a private hideaway. The sound of the creek lulled us to sleep, and we slept hard! WOULD STAY HERE OVER AND OVER!! Thanks Erin and Outside Inn!!!

Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a small Ma & Pa family run motel in a quite residential area. Nothing very luxurious but very clean, quite and well ran. Shower was a little small but it worked for one night. Room had a nice flat screen television, and the bed was very comfortable. It had a nice courtyard outside where you could relax. We stayed in the wild flower room which was tastefully decorated. Nevada City is a very beautiful town nestled among the pine trees, and we got to take a tour of the town where one of our favorite Christmas movies was filmed " The Christmas Card". An added bonus was we got to experience a California earth quake while we were there! Sweet!

• 3 of 5 stars
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The Outside Inn is a special place, my wife and I found ourselves feeling quite at home here. The owner Erin personally checked us in and took pride in telling us about this family owned business. We will defiantly be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I found this place by chance as I was driving through the historic district of Nevada City and I was charmed by its location and cute landscape. I arrived after hours and the owner/manager still made me feel very welcomed. Within minutes I was given a key. I liked the fact I could park my car right next to my room. I also appreciated the fact I could walk from the Inn to downtown and the very cute neighborhood around to stretch my legs after a long drive. As a single woman travelling, I felt very safe, which is the number one factor in how I choose lodging. I stayed in the Winter Room, with a cute vintage kitchenette. I loved the window that faced the river for my morning coffee. I loved the details such as eco-friendly quality soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers and the fluffy towels. I found the place very clean and healthy.

Erin, the owner, takes really great care of this place. Her friendliness and laid back vibe makes truly the difference with chain hotels. I enjoyed our quick chats and she truly made me feel like a guest and not simply a paying visitor, while having more privacy than a BnB.

I will keep it in mind for the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Creekside Hideaway the night of our wedding. It was gorgeous and perfect, because it was set away from all the other rooms, on the other side of town. Most of our guests also stayed in rooms at the Outside Inn, and I didn't hear even one complaint. The service was wonderful, the prices are very reasonable, and it's a great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#3 of 5 in Nevada City
3.0 of 5 stars 88 reviews

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!