“Charming Inn, fantastic, friendly staff!”
Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
San Jose, California
“Charming Inn, fantastic, friendly staff!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have had the pleasure to stay at the Outside Inn recently and really enjoy the experience each time we come to Nevada City. The staff goes above and beyond for their guests and are extremely accommodating. The hotel is pet friendly, but you would never know it, the rooms are immaculate. In conclusion, if you are in Nevada City, be sure to stay at the Outside inn!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Sausalito, California, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my fourth stay at the Outside Inn. Each room is a unique experience. This time I stayed in the Single Track Suite. I had breakfast in my own kitchenette, and I could have made an entire meal for my family in that little kitchen. My bathroom was spacious and warm. My bed was very comfortable. It felt very homey.

The staff is great, they gave me helpful advice and know all about the area activities and features.

I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Castro Valley, California, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I absolutely LOVE the Oustside Inn. The rooms are themed and adorable and pet friendly which is very important to me. The staff is attentive, friendly, and professional. If you're looking for a quaint, clean, and dog-friendly place, you've found it! This place will be a once-a-year stop for me and my family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lodi, California
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Outside Inn was awesome! The Creekside Hideaway is absolutely beautiful and the creek in the backyard was so peaceful. The room was elegantly decorated, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the hospitality by the staff was really fabulous. Just the kind of place that makes you want to keep coming back. I would rather stay here than any fancy hotel any day.

Room Tip: Plan ahead because they are very popular and the rooms are booked. They only have a certain number...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, California
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Outside Inn on our way home from a trip...Boy they had the place decked out for Halloween, sorry we missed it! The whole town goes all out!
We picked this lodging mostly because their so darn pet friendly....We looked at 4 different rooms before choosing...The least expensive rooms were teeny, tiny....So we took the "Historical" room....A bit bigger space with extra single bed for luggage.. The bathroom was about the size of a RV's ....Very small, dollhouse like...For one night only it was no big deal....But seriously if you are staying multiply nights, and can afford it, pick a bigger room....$20.00 extra pet fee, each night, is kind of steep too....

The place is plenty cute, has a lot of charm...Campfire by the creek! Lots of trees, nice landscaping all around....Didn't like parallel parking directly in front of the rooms.....Everyone does this...We have a big truck with a camper......Takes away the views, and charm of looking outside your windows...
The staff are super friendly and helpful...Especially at guiding us to pet friendly dining for dinner, and breakfast the next morning...I definitely would stay here again when in Nevada City...

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first visit to Nevada City and it will not be our last. Our stay in The Cabin was exactly what we hoped for. The separate dwelling was comfortable, clean and spacious and we definitely enjoyed the relaxing spa tub and small patio. Although we didn't make much use of the kitchen it was nice to have a fridge in the room. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and gave very good restaurant within walking distance, and sightseeing suggestions such as where to see the best fall foliage and how to get to Malakoff Diggins State Park. We especially enjoyed being in town for Halloween which was truly a community event. It was a great trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teedle57
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at the Outside Inn in Nevada City, CA. What a pleasant surprise. This retro, quaint motel has been updated with each room having a theme, all in keeping with the outdoors and gateway to adventure in the area. It's your typical drive up motel, but with great charm and a wonderful staff. I stayed inthe Paddler's Suite decorated with exciting pictures of kayaking. It had a little kitchenette, coffee available, flat screen tv with cable. If you are familiar with the area, you know accommodations in the area. If not, I highly recommend giving the Outside Inn a try. I'll definetely will be staying there in future visits.

Room Tip: If you enjoy doing your own cooking, be sure to ask for a romm with kitchenette.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#3 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!