“What a wonderful pleasure!”
Review of Emma Nevada House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Emma Nevada House
Ranked #3 of 6 Nevada City B&B and Inns
Southern California
“What a wonderful pleasure!”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Andy & Susan went above and beyond in making our visit to Nevada City feel like we were home! So completely warm and inviting. Susan's gourmet breakfasts far exceed any B&B we've ever stayed in (and we do them a lot!) Andy was so informative about the town and surrounding areas. There was so much to do there, we didn't want to leave!
Thank you Andy & Susan for making my whole family feel so welcome!
Kristy D.
Southern CA

• Liked — Susan't Gourmet Breakfast
  • Disliked — no internet access
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My fiancee and I went here for her birthday and had a great time. The innkeepers are extremely friendly. Andy is great at telling stories about Nevada City and it's history\current residents. We would recommend this place to everyone!

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff.
  • Disliked — Everything was great!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Ca
Reviewed July 8, 2008

It's a combination of attention to detail and charming extras that make a B&B stand out. Andrew and Susan not only serve fantastic gourmet breakfasts, but they tell you how they prepared them. The flower arrangements artfully complement the gorgeous decor, and one charming scene (the collection of bird houses on the porch, the message area by the creek, and lush flowers everywhere!) spills into another. I would expect a B&B in this goldrush-era town to have period decor, but Andrew and Susan have treasures from around the world, all explained when Andrew gives a tour. The hospitality is just enough, friendly and helpful but respectful of your privacy. Best of all, Andrew and Susan seem to really love the place and delight in sharing it. Though Nevada City has a great theatre, lots of fun events, and great places to eat and shop, there is only one place to consider for accommodations--the Emma Nevada B&B!

• Liked — Attention to detail, great hospitality
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
La Jolla, CA
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We decided to combine a wedding in Sacramento and a visit with our niece for a weekend . . . deciding to stay in Nevada City. I mean staying in Sacramento was NO option compared to Nevada City!! What a charming town, , , well preserved, lots of history. I looked on line for a B&B and found the Emma Nevada House. It was a lucky find. Our hosts were so nice, our room (one of the smaller ones upstairs) was small but beautifully decorated and very quiet. I loved the surround shower curtain in the claw footed tub. Felt like being in a cacoon. The best part was breakfast, however. Susan is a wonderful cook and the weather was perfect to eat outside in the cool morning. The calm before the full day was delightful. We especially enjoyed touring the Empire Mine (gold mine) in Grass Valley. It gave us an indoctrination of the whole area and helped us appreciate where we were staying.

Stayed June 2008
San Jose, Ca.
Reviewed July 3, 2008

This was our first B&B experience and it couldn't have been better. Fantastic breakfast each morning. Restaurant recommendations were all top notch selections. Couldn't ask for better service from both the owners or cleaning crew. They make you fell right at home. Enjoyed walking around Nevada City and toured near by Empire Mine Historical State Park. We picked a great time of the year since the weather was very nice. No problem with parking because each guest has a space to call their own!
Dave and Reba
San Jose, Calif.

• Liked — Friendly
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
califonia
Reviewed June 27, 2008

When we arrived at Emma house and I walked in the entry I was taken by the beauty of this Victorian style home. The fresh cut flowers, the high ceilings, the vibrant colors and of course the light that poured in from the windows. The first thing I did before I even saw my room was have a fresh home baked cookie and a glass of iced tea. I immediatly felt comfortable. The owners are warm, friendly and facinating people who do all they can to make your stay an exceptional one. They have paid attention to evey detail. In the evening while I slept in the softest sheets, with the coziest pillows I woke up and went downstairs. It was then I discovered more treats, I won't tell you everything cause this place is indeed a place to be explored. I am confident you will be pleased with Emma house. It is a gem in the heart of the Gold country. When it came time to leave, I just wanted to stay. Refreshed, renewed and inspired I returned home to the Bay Area. The warmth of their smiles in my heart, the memory of the soft sheets on my skin, my weary mind inspired by beauty excellence and goodness.

Stayed June 2008
Ripon, CA
Reviewed June 10, 2008

My husband and I were delighted with every moment of our anniversary made so special by staying at the Emma Nevada House.

From the moment we arrived, we knew we were at the right place for a celebratory weekend. The beautifully appointed inn smelled fresh and inviting. Our room's door was was adorned by a sparkling anniversary swag and floor sprinkled with romantic rose petals. The inn is filled with inspiring art and artifacts rather than kitsch. Breakfast was delectable and as enjoyable as a lively dinner party.

Andy, Susan and Winnie are superlative hosts whose attention to detail and welcoming hospitality create a comforting, memorable stay. We left feeling restored and relaxed, happily anticipating a return visit for another perfect weekend.

Stayed January 2008
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gold Miners Inn-Grass Valley
Deer Creek Inn
Deer Creek Inn
#1 of 6 in Nevada City

Been to Emma Nevada House? Share your experiences!