“Sushi that fits the bill”
Review of Sushi Q

Sushi Q
Ranked #22 of 58 Restaurants in Nevada City
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Lets not joke, sushi is expensive. But when you eat if for lunch, you get a much better bang for your buck. I love lunch here on a Friday. Be careful, last I heard Friday is the only day they sever lunch. Might want to think about making reservations, they fill up quick anytime they are open.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

One of the best sushi spot I've been to. I've travel up and down Cali searching for sushi that would compare and still have not found one. Every dish and roll that we've ordered has been perfectly placed together. They only use the freshest fish and it's proven by the taste. Arrive with a good attitude and u will leave with a great one. I recommend any of the salads and chefs choice sashimi.

Reviewed September 18, 2009

I started eating at Sushi Q when it first opened. I had moved here from L.A. where I could get excellent, relatively inexpensive sushi 24/7. So coming to Nevada City where there was not a piece of sushi in sight had been a shock. I was thrilled when Sushi Q first opened, but stunned by the prices and the "diva" attitude of the sushi chef. I remember when it was impossible to even get a reservation at this restaurant. Fast forward to 2009, and things are quite different. With two other sushi restaurants in the area, both of which are excellent, Sushi Q is no longer the only game in town. (While still good, the other two places give it a run for it's money in terms of creativity and quality). The chef seems to have mellowed (a lot), and it is much easier to get a table in the restaurant these days as they have expanded in size. Beware of rolls that have sriracha sauce on them as several we ordered had so much on them that the rolls were too spicy to eat (and had to be sent back). They used to have a very good seaweed salad here, it may still be on the menu. If you want a decent meal, you will get it here. The food remains consistently good, and the prices seem a bit more reasonable than they used to. We eat here from time to time and generally have a good experience.

3  Thank sundari108
Reviewed May 8, 2009

If tonight was any indication, the service has really improved, the food is fabulous as ever.

Reviewed January 25, 2009

the sushi was well done and not overly expensive but the service was some of the worst i have ever experienced. to begin we had a reservation for 7:30pm....showed up fifteen minutes early and were made to wait outside in the rain while our table, which was already cleaned and set up for us stood empty. We ordered some appitizers and reminded the wait staff after about fifteen minutes of them not arriving and then again after about 25 minutes so they proceeded to bring us everything at once. they apologized for the crappy service but did not comp us anything......not a true apology i think.....The sushi was fine but i would stay away and try the one in grass valley which is just as good if not better. it's unfortunate because i would like to go back to sushi-q's but i would expect to have the same experience and would avoid it next time.