“Cool Coffee Cafe”
Review of Cafe Mekka

Cafe Mekka
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great coffee, tea, light deli items and delicious desserts!!

Reviewed March 5, 2011

A visually pleasing place to check out, when in downtown Nevada City. Rotating art on the walls, lots of comfortable seating, amazing drink selection, affordable good food, fancy-fancy desserts... The baristas are friendly and always willing to take the time to make your latte just the way you want. I noticed they recently switched roasters to "Temple Coffee" out of Sacramento. It seems to be a good move, the coffee is fragrant, and the espresso is rich. But my favoriate is the Hot Chocolate~ it's rediculas!
It is definately worth checking out when in downtown.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

If you need to just lounge in a calm and friendly place, this is it. I like going here when I need to work on my laptop and free wifi and electric outlets nearby. Good place to see the local scene too.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

For those interested in getting more than your standard fare of $4.40 mochas in a green themed corporate cubicle, come to the Mekka. You'll be treated to an experience far from the norm as you encounter other patrons that are more colorful than the art drenched walls. This place offers top of line baristas (ask them to make any drink, the way you want it, and that's just what you'll get) and don't expect a rehearsed "and how is your day?", they skip that crap and get right to the point: Coffee. Cheers to the new owner for turning this Nevada City Gem around, and tips for my most recent server, Amanda, for serving up one of the best americanos I've ever had. If only we had one in Seattle!

Reviewed April 24, 2010

I was in a good mood until I went in this place. I used to live here and liked this place but never again .The guy behind the counter had an attitude from the moment I stepped in the place .