“AMAZING food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very friendly staff, great decor, excellent food. We very much enjoyed our meal my husband had that evenings pork kabob special and I had the salmon. Both were excellent. The server kept our water full which is a deal breaker for me. The wine selection was very good also. Might be a tad overpriced for that area but we would go back if in Nevada City.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Where do I start? 15-20 minutes to clear an empty table and set it up for 7 people. All ordering the "specials" (with NO prices showing) so you think it would be quick or in a reasonable amount of time. The one of us who didn't order the special ordered the Soup of the Day which should have been ready. 10 minutes to order, 20 minutes go by soup comes out another HOUR and 20 minutes go by STILL NO FOOD. Again we ordered their posted "specials" Tri-tip sandwiches, Ahi Tuna Salad. So no too difficult of a meal to create and did I mention it was their "special"? Finally one salad comes out and over the next 5 minutes the rest of the table was served. Oh forgot to tell you I even had to ask for our water to be filled, really make us wait all this time and then just ignore us. We are right in the front in the main room. The Seared Ahi was FISHY and I would call it seared, more like boiled on the sides or steamed or I don't know what. The salmon on the salad was tiny, smaller than a deck of cards---REALL? The Tri-tip sandwiches 2 with only cole-slaw(again an item that should have already been ready to serve) only one had fries. The bread was SOGGY. The cole-slaw, really wasn't cole slaw it was more like cabbage with something on it (yes I do love vinegar) but it barely even tasted like vinegar again I'm not sure what it was. So we figured they were still growing the spinach for the salad, so on and so forth. Oh and the cost $42 for one "special" ahi tuna (if that is what you called it) and a simple Tri-tip sandwich --- NO WON'T EVER GO BACK. Oh and the gal who I think might have been an owner or at least a manager wanted to argue that they WEIGH every piece of tiny salmon to put on the salad!! Really we have already waited almost 2 hours to get our food. I've got to stop here, I will repeat --- NO WON'T EVER GO BACK!

1  Thank SatinBow
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We started with the complimentary biscuits and maple butter, a really nice change from bread. Everyone had a different entree, and each of us cleaned our plates. We'll return soon. Service is exceptional.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Best food and best service. And great wine selections too! We will definitely be coming back for more! Just wish there was one closer to home!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just left there after having dinner - the place is capable of producing delicious complicated dishes -however even the 1/3 lb cheeseburger is a five star item for $10!!! Clearly the best in town. High quality grass fed beef and for a dollar more they put on a 1/2 avocado. Wife had the Caesar salad - huge for $8 with very flavorful dressing prepared right there. That would have been a meal for two for $18. But we had to try the Vegetable soup starter fresh, homemade, and excellent. Flourless chocolate tart with ice cream, coffee, and a glass of wine - all good - total about $40. Nice atmosphere and friendly efficient service. I have live in NC for 12 years and this is really a great new addition - BTW I have no affiliation with the place.