“Such a great spot for lunch! (Probaby good for dinner too...)”
Review of Bistro 221

Bistro 221
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Nevada City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Grass Valley, California, United States
“Such a great spot for lunch! (Probaby good for dinner too...)”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Took a co-worker for lunch today... wonderful! The atmosphere is sweet - in a very old building, cool brick walls, but with nice, tasteful decor. Our waitress was great and knowledgeable. The meals we ordered were presented nicely, but more importantly, were prepared deliciously! SO GOOD! I told everyone today about the chicken panini with artichoke and bacon ... and the bread, perfect! Highly recommended. Delicious food in a very nice spot!

• Visited September 2013

“One sentence? No, One word - AMAZING!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I drove 532 miles to visit this town and stumbled across this restaurant. I'd drive it again just to eat there.
I won't whitter on, I'll just say "go visit and eat". You won't be disappointed.
10/10.

• Visited August 2013
Riverside, California
“Yummo On The Crusty Bread!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My friends from Piety Hill Cottages brought me here for lunch. I ordered the Chicken Sandwich. It was a well executed sandwich and the Cole Slaw was the best I've had in a long time. The Cole Slaw is more vinegar based than mayonaisse based. Each of us ordered a different sandwich and we all remarked on how the bread had a delicious grilled crust and there was two different types of bread used for our meals. It's a nice quiet place to get away from the street hussle and bustle too.

• Visited August 2013
California
“Cute, small”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very good service, nice menu. We had lunch there. Menu had a nice variety and prices were reasonable. The daily special was tasty.

Visited August 2013
Nevada City, California
“Casual Dinning in Nevada City”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great downtown location in historic old building, great casual dinning. Definitely a nice spot to sit and watch the foot traffic on Broad Street while you hang out with friends.

Visited May 2013