“Fantastic hospitality and a wonderful stay!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nevada City
US Hotel Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 7 Nevada City B&B and Inns
“Fantastic hospitality and a wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

We spent two nights recently at the US Hotel, a former private brothel :) from the 1880's (and probably into the 1900's). This is one of the few B&B's in town which accepts one-night only reservations on weekends, but we stayed the two nights anyway.

Our room was a larger, front bedroom, facing the street. Although there were iron shutters in front of the window to keep sound out, it only worked so well since people tend to get rowdy, drunk and loud at night. We were warned about it, but that was the only drawback. Our bed was quite comfortable, sitting room large and tastefully decorated. Not chintzy or "flowery" like so many B&B's are (our husbands have to like the room too!)

Our hostess, Katie, was super friendly and helpful, greeting us with hugs and helping us with dinner reservations. The breakfasts were tasty and filled with Katie's anecdotes and historical knowledge of the hotel. Max the dog was a charming sentry.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Pacifica_traveler

Solo
Business
Marina del Rey, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2007

My sister, Jo Pangrazio, and I had the great pleasure to stay at the US Hotel on the weekend NorCal Paranormal Investigators kept their cameras running all night to capture the ghosts that haunted this 'most haunted B & B in America". The owner, Katie, took very good care of us and we slept like rocks even though our room was on Broad Street. And the ghost of "Robber Baron Charles Crocker was very well behaved, climbing into bed quietly, and smoking his cigar near the balcony!
Congratulations to Katie for making this place simply charming.
We will now consider the US Hotel our "home away from home" whenever we're visiting Nevada City.
Angel Thompson
Marina del Rey, CA

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank Zuffante
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

We were very pleased with our stay at the US Hotel. We stayed in Belle's Room which has great light & overlooks Pine Street, so it's not as loud as a room overlooking Broad St. The clawfoot tub is relaxing and everything was very clean. The bed - oh my - so comfy and soft! Katie is truly the hostess with the mostest - very funny, at your service in a jiffy, a great cook, & knows cool town history. Maximillian-thanksamillion is the sweetest dog too. There's a sitting room with lots of games and books to pass the time before you hit the town. Great location close to everything. We definitely recommend it and hope to be back soon. Nevada City is such a wonderful place.

• Liked — NO 2-night minimum!, Katie, location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

When my cousin and I arrived, we were met by Maximillian Thanks a Million, the most wonderful dog, and he took us straight to Katie. Katie was great, retired comedian, she kept us all entertained, but our room was quiet and clean as could be. We had a side road view, but loved the tall windows you could open, you felt like you were part of history. Katie left snacks on the counter, breakfast was marvelous and I enjoyed the guests too. I usually have trouble with beds in establishments like this and actually carry my own memory foam topper, but I didnt' need it here! We would stay there again.

Stayed May 2007
Fresno, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2006

My wife and I have been traveling to old mining towns in this reagion for several years. We just had our most pleasurable experinece of any at the US Hotel Bed and Breakfast. The room was spacious and spotless. The feather bed was devinely comfortable. Our view from the large double windows was of picturesque downtown Nevada City. The fall colors were in full force and added to the experience. The location is right in the heart of historic downtown and a close walk to everything. Katie is a great host and chef. If you visit this B&B you will have some of the best breakfasts ever. A great place to relax and get away. I can't wait to return to our new favorite vacation spot.

Stayed October 2006
2 Thank altapacbp
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2006

After staying numerous times in Nevada City, my boyfriend and I, hands down love the US Hotel the best. We stayed in the Empire Room #1 which had the most romantic view of Broad Street. Our room was very comfortable and beautifully appointed. I especially enjoyed the clawfoot tub that has a tall window that opens up to the outside (on the second floor, of course to protect your privacy) allowing in the fresh mountain air. The owners have a friendly, down-to-earth attitude, and are very hospitable. We look forward to staying again very soon.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marysville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

Having just returned yesterday from a lovely stay at the US Hotel Bed and Breakfast, I wanted to share my experience. First, my reason for choosing a bed and breakfast over a hotel or motel is to have a unique experience. My stay at the US Hotel was definetly unique. The innkeeper, Katie (I didn't really meet Lesli), is a whirlwind of energy, hospitality and laughs. We enjoyed the camaraderie of Katie and the other guests, but our privacy was also respected. There is nothing "stuffy" about the US Hotel. The rooms are well appointed (just make sure to close the heavy iron shutters during chilly nights - we didn't know to do that the first night) - but feel comfortably homey, not overdone. The feather beds are sumptuous, with down pillows and a down comforter that you won't want to leave - until the smell of fresh coffee and freshly-baked corn muffins come into the room (the rest of breakfast was equally delicious). There's also a cozy (again, not "stuffy") parlor that's great for just hanging out, with a library, magazines and lots of games. We felt the US Hotel Bed and Breakfast was well-worth the price, and a truly unique experience.

• Stayed February 2006
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gold Miners Inn-Grass Valley
The Madison House B & B
The Madison House B & B
#2 of 7 in Nevada City

Been to US Hotel Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!