“Great value, friendly staff and a good...”
Review of Nevada City Inn

Nevada City Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Great value, friendly staff and a good location.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Sagesroad

Reviewed April 15, 2010

My best friend and I love Nevada City. We like to have a girls weekend every 6 months or so. This was our 3rd time visiting. We had stayed at other hotels on previous trips. We wanted to spend the least amount of money that we could on this trip. After researching, we found that The Nevada City Inn looked like it would be a great deal. We checked into our room and got settled in.

After coming back from town, we were getting ready for bed. I pulled the covers down on my side of the bed and looked down to find a DRIED BLOOD STAIN on the sheets. This was fresh blood that had dried to the sheet. Obviously, the hotel does not change their sheets. They just re-make the bed. So, that must mean they don't give you fresh towels either. They just hang them up again. Anyway, I happened to bring my own towel. So I laid it out on top of the whole bed and that is what we slept on. I didn't want to call and get a new room because it was already midnight when we were going to sleep.
So, when we checked out the next day, I showed the lady at the front desk pictures of the blood that I had taken on my camera. So, she called her manager. And they said all they could give us was 5% off of the room. That totaled what the taxes were, which was about $7. I was pretty upset. They were so unhospitable.
If anyone ever has blood that is crusty and dry(not just a stain) anywhere in their room, they should be fully reimbursed. That is a HEALTH HAZARD!!!
We were disgusted and greatly disappointed with our stay. We are not picky people either. But, BLOOD is not acceptable in any room. I could have gotten a disease from it!
I'm never ever staying here again. I would rather pay $10 more and be able to sleep in a CLEAN room.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank EasyGoingTraveler1
Reviewed February 25, 2010

It was my first time to Nevada City. I really needed to relax and was looking for an affordable place to stay that had personality! I found what I was looking for Nevad City Inn. The Hotel is charming just like the town! Everyone is so nice. My room was clean and comfortable! They also have the cutiest cottages. I'm definitely going back soon!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Curlhd
Reviewed December 15, 2009

For the price I paid, I didn't expect much. Yes it was small and rustic but adequate enough for our purpose. If I wanted fine linens I would have looked for a five star hotel and if I wanted service I would have looked for a five star hotel but like I said, for the price, it was adequate for me. Yes, I am planning another trip back to Nevada City and yes, I will be staying at the Nevada City Inn. It is with-in walking distance to the town and just a hop, skip and jump away from Grassvalley. I did not see any old run down cars in the parking lot and I did have a chance to look into couple of those cabins. On my next visit I will be getting a cabin.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCAS876
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Recent stay was a MAJOR disappointment. Have stayed here for the last 4 years and even recommended to family/friends. Stayed in one of the 2 bedroom cabins which needs major improvements/updating. Sat on a couch that was practically on the floor, toilet paper dispenser fell off the wall, and kitchen/living room needed major cleaning. Paid $150 to look at 2 old disabled vehicles in front of cabin. It appears that they might be renting to long-term tenants. We stayed here last year and had no complaints but it appears that it has gone downhill since then. It is a shame as this is a great location and the grounds/landscaping are quite nice. Truly disappointing

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank WineCountry65
Reviewed March 16, 2008

We booked this place based on the people's review. True, that place needs update and some work. Room has pet odor I found very annoying. Also, there was no tab in the bathroom which was difficult to us since we have a baby. The room is quite noisy that we could hear next door conversation and even snoring. The price was good. ($58 a night) Staff are friendly, but I do not think I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Japanese718
Reviewed December 28, 2007

We stayed for two night in late December and were offered an amazing $125 deal (covering both nights). We stayed in a queen room which included a small fridge, microwave, clock radio/alarm, TV, hair dryer and coffeemaker. It was also supplied with the usual bathroom samples as well as a bag with power bars, gum, razor and a few samples.

The bottom line on this place? The rooms are small and dated. The walls are a little thinner than I would have liked. I found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming (I think it is family owned and operated). The continental breakfast, although standard fare, made the value of the room rate even more impressive. The bathroom was a bit cold and only had a small shower in it but the room was clean and the hot water worked.

All in all, I would gladly go back there again. We received a basic room for a very fair price which allowed us to spend our money shopping in a quaint little town.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Gold Miners Inn
Gold Miners Inn
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Best Western Golden Key

Been to Nevada City Inn? Share your experiences!