“So sad and sorry that The Old 5 Mile House has closed”
Review of The Old 5 Mile House - CLOSED

The Old 5 Mile House
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2015

My husband I went to the Old Five Mile House last evening so looking forward to having the wonderful Halibut Fish and Chips and Guinness on draft only to find that it was closed and for sale. We've been going here for many years, bringing family and friends, celebrating St. Patrick's Day and hosted our Corvette club here the last two years. Everyone we brought, especially us, loved the it. Robert, you did such a nice job fixing up the place inside and the patio/lawn area was wonderful under the pine trees. The service and the menu were great!

Robert, we wish you all the best! Thanks for many happy memories!

Reviewed August 5, 2015

We tried to have dinner here last night, and learned that it has closed permanently and that they are selling off all the equipment. This is sad because when this place was good, it was amazing. But, in its last days the whole experience was inconsistent -- you never knew if it'd be good or horrible. I experienced both, but kept going back. I hope someone else takes it over and is able to make a "go" of it.

2  Thank Rudolph_Wurlitzer
Reviewed July 20, 2015

I made a 7:30 p.m.reservation for 4 of us for a Birthday dinner two weeks in advance. When we arrived (on time) last night the "hostess:' (who could have cared less),casually told us someone had seated themselves at what was to have been our table & we should "wait 15 - 20 minutes at the bar if that works for us" - we said it really didn't but had little choice. We finally were seated at an outside table & made our selections from the menu. The food focus for this month was Northwest (i.e. lots of salmon & sea food entrees). The Birthday honoree gave his order, a salmon dish,& - bad news, none left, Second choice - none left - Third choice - none left - these were all in addition to several other choices which the waitress had already told us were not available!! At this point we just got up and left - Definitely NOT a great Birthday dinner outing!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

I stopped by for Brunch and found the patio while exploring the place. Beautiful day to eat outside. I loved everything about the place. Staff was friendly. Food was adequate but I take some responsibility because I knew it was iffy ordering Crab Benedict. I knew deep down it was not the right thing but hey you only live once. If I'm ever back in the area I would give it another go.

Reviewed July 17, 2015

We took friends who just moved to the area. It took at least 30 minutes to receive drinks and 1 1/2 hours to receive our food, which was NOT worth the wait. The place was not busy, so that wasn't an excuse. Waiters brought orders that belonged to someone else. We were extremely disappointed. The whole experience was just lousy. We have lived here for more than 30 years and will not recommend the 5 Mile House to anyone.

1  Thank Donna M