“Fantastic atmosphere out on the Great Lawn, Live Music, spit roast pig- YUMMY”
Review of The Old 5 Mile House - CLOSED

The Old 5 Mile House
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Chef/Owner Robert Smith does a fantastic job creating a party atmosphere out on the Great Lawn, with weekend live music, pig roasts on special days, and great value food all prepared from scratch on the premises, including home made Bratwurst, and fresh ground 1/2 lb steak hamburgers with real home made fries ( and yes, only $9.99!).
Live music every night during the week, with food specials every evening (Moules Frites on Tuesdays are like visiting France), and every month a special menu from a different country (Vietnam this month, Argentina last month) make this an ideal place to eat every week and never get bored.

2  Thank RobbNevadaCity

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We go here all the time! They have specials from a certain country each month so the specials are always something new, but our favorites are still on the normal menu. I usually get the margherita pizza. It's the BEST pizza I've ever had (but I ask for extra mozzarella just because I like extra cheese). The waiters are so friendly and helpful. The owner is almost always there checking up on things. We own Broad Street Inn and this is the only restaurant we send our guests to that is not walking distance. Even though it gets busy at the Old 5 Mile House on weekends, the food is well worth a small wait!

1  Thank BroadStreetInn
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We live less than 2 miles from this place. Glad to see it re-open after the previous owner's problems. I just have a hard time going back here on a regular basis, because it's been hit and miss. My biggest gripe is that the wait staff is too young and inexperienced -- for the prices the restaurant charges. I've had drinks spilled on me without acknowledgment, a patio reservation seated next to loud kids on a swing set because of over-booking, and typical service issues that you just don't see as much when the staff knows how to work well. I've had some decent food and some meat that was overcooked.

3  Thank nc12331
Reviewed April 22, 2011

While spending time in the area with our daughter we were searching for a spot to have dinner on a rainy Sunday evening. We did some online research and since this was on the side of town our cottage was located we headed out. On our way into town we say it and mentioned it was rustic and fit the surroundings and were surprised to see that was where the GPS lead us. It's a lovely spot and the food was wonderful. My husband and daughter had the skirt steak with chimmichuri sauce and I had an oreo beet salad, sliced beets with a dill-goat cheese filling over a bed of mixed greens. We all raved about the meal and we're foodies. They loved the meat and sauce and my salad was wonderful with very fresh greens, not the usual bagged salad mix. They have a monthly special menu of foods from different parts of the world and April was Moroccan,. We can't wait to go back and try different items on the menu and we wish we lived closer.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Great restaurant, and just so beautiful. Now this is a place for beer, food, and atmosphere. Drive the 5 miles and try it you will thank me. The specials ever month are a mazing! One month it will be cajon food the next month, it's Italian month. The owner cares and does not blow you off like some of our Nevada City restaurants. Tell this guy something is no good he will fix it.