Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
$70
$68
Harmony Ridge Lodge(Nevada City)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
Broad Street Inn(Nevada City)
$154
$185
$150
Holiday Lodge(Grass Valley)
$99
$89
$170
Gold Miners Inn(Grass Valley)
$169
Sierra Mountain Inn(Grass Valley)
$125
All reviewsan updatestaff was friendly and helpfulvaulted ceilingswho lives nearbymini muffinswould stay here againwandering aroundnice propertycontinental breakfast israilroad museumvictorian stylenew ownersone of a kindnevada countythe main streetnqwoods
Reviewed August 7, 2017

I booked and paid in advance for a 1-night stay in one of their chalets. Upon our arrival, we were told that the maid service wasn't able to clean 4 of their chalets so unfortunately, they were having to turn away four groups that had reservations for that evening. They were able to get us into the Best Western,1 exit down the freeway, and transfer our prepayment to them. But the BW room was no comparison to a private chalet with kitchen and private deck overlooking the woods. Extremely disappointed in our experience with Northern Queen Inn.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed August 1, 2017

An absolute insult to humanity. The employees are soulless beings. I called the morning of our stay to re-confirm my reservation with a young female: we are staying here on our 9th anniversary. She re-confirmed everything. Upon arrival at 5:15pm, another girl at the Front Desk said they overbooked the hotel and and need to 'walk' us to a Best Western in another city. Okay, stuff happens ... even when you call to re-confirm ... but when I asked for the Front Desk Manager then things went downfall very fast. Christian, who honestly seemed stoned, started LAUGHING OUT LOUD at us being 'walked' to another city. I did not share in his sense of humor. Why would he laugh? He needs to be fired immediately. Not only did he display no guest service skills, he expressed zero empathy. Just because you're born human doesn't mean you stay human. This kind of inhuman behavior is sinister. They wanted to send us to another hotel in another city and not compensate us ANYTHING at all for the inconvenience. We had dinner reservations for our anniversary in town; close enough for walking. And they expected us, for no compensation, to drive to another city, drive back that evening for dinner, and then drive back again to the other hotel in another city after drinking and dining out on a Saturday night. Christian's condescending response, as he continued to LAUGH, was "Well, it's only two miles." It's more than two miles away, you jerk! And that's not even the point. I then asked for the General Manager, Hamid Kazemi, who would barely let me speak on the phone. I barely said anything to him and he quickly got very defensive, which leads me to believe this must happen quite a lot. And every time I did try to speak, Hamid just talked over me. Constantly. Do you want go through this, too? Being 'walked' four miles to another hotel with no compensation is one thing, being treated poorly and LAUGHED at is a serious human-behavior PROBLEM. The managers never apologized, listened, or wished us a happy anniversary. Suddenly ... the Desk Agent found a room and downgraded us from our originally-booked Chalet, which had an outside porch (the only reason we booked the place), to a disgusting Queen Bed standard motel room, which looked like it was never remodeled since the 1970s. Additionally, there was a women's red shirt stuck in between the bed sheets (Photo Attached: If it's yours and you want it back, I gave it to the Front Desk): no apology was given. I canceled my 2nd night and booked a room at the Outside Inn (great service, amazing rooms: stay here!). I write this review so you don't have to have the same experience we had: STAY FAR AWAY from Northern Queen Inn and the Heritage Hotel Group!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Outside Inn instead! They have great rooms and great guest service!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan N
Reviewed July 24, 2017

They charged me double. And then I had to attempt to reach the manager for two days to tell him to remove the charge. He took another day to look into it and said he'd remove the charge. Two weeks later the charge is still there with no reimbursement. I called again and the woman at the desk brushed me off when I said I can't reach the manager. Do not stay here. I have a high tolerance but this place seems to straight up steal your money.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ding_Donger
Reviewed July 19, 2017

This was our (my husband and myself) third time staying at the Northern Queen Inn in Nevada City. We were there to attend one day at the World Music Festival in Grass Valley (FAB!).
Here are the good things about the "Inn":
1) Don't be fooled by the "Inn" name. It's more like a Motel/Hotel with some very nice amenities.
2) Those amenities are a tiny pool (max. 5 feet deep) which is a god-send in 90 degree heat. It also has a hot tub.
3) Breakfast is included: not so wonderful scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, sliced fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, cream cheese (no jam, at least not when we were there this year), coffee cake and mini muffins (store bought), coffee, juices. So definitely OK.
4) The location is amongst trees and is within a 20 minute walking distance to Nevada City center.
5) The rooms are large with TV (which we never watched) and hairdryer and clock radio and a well functioning air conditioning unit and a mini fridge and coffee maker.
6) The staff is very friendly and as helpful as they can be. They are sometimes stretched a bit thin.
7) There are 8 free standing "chalets" for rent. We've never stayed in one, but friends have and said it was lovely.
8) There is a railway bus that can take you to the Railroad Museum and Chinese cemetery....something we'll have to explore someday!
Here are some downsides:
1) Our large room had a comfortable bed and was very clean. The pillows though were so thick and bouncy that I kept waking up with a hurt neck. Finally gave up. Next time I'll bring my own pillow.
2) The bathroom was not updated. There was a chip in the sink, cracked tile on the floor and the tub faucet ran water....not just a drip. This didn't disturb us other than we were concerned about so much water being wasted. We informed the front desk and they immediately said thank you for this info and they would get right on to it. Why didn't housekeeping notice this and take care of this?
3) The second morning (we were there for 2 nights) we were awakened at 6am by other guests shouting and talking loudly to each other outside. Not a pleasant way to wake up and waaaay too early! I would have hoped that some employee on site would have let these people know that they were NOT the only guests at the Inn and shut them up! The guests finally left on their motorcycles at around 8am.
My husband and I will definitely return to the Northern Queen Inn, despite some reservations about the place. It would be nice, for the price they charge, if some updating and upgrading could be implemented.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lower floor (I have a leg injury) in room #410.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2017

My best friend and I stayed here for her birthday getaway weekend. The setting was great, the place was nice and quiet, and it was within walking distance to town. All those things are a big plus in my book. Unfortunately, our chalet was very dingy and dirty. It seemed the carpet hadn't been cleaned in a very long time, and hadn't even been vacuumed. The bathrooms were dirty and the refrigerator needed cleaning. They provide some dishes, but no dish soap, and the light over the eating area had gone out. The place could use some updating as well, but if it had been clean, I would have given it a better review. PLEASE NOTE - we received a 20 percent discount because the room wasn't clean.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends