Northern Queen Inn
Broad Street Inn(Nevada City)
$154
Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
$80
$78
$150
Holiday Lodge(Grass Valley)
$99
$96
Hotwire.com
Grass Valley Courtyard Suites(Grass Valley)
$180
Gold Miners Inn(Grass Valley)
$184
AscendHotels
Holbrooke Hotel(Grass Valley)
$124
Sierra Mountain Inn(Grass Valley)
$120
All reviewsan updatetrain ridestaff was friendly and helpfulvaulted ceilingswho lives nearbymini muffinsfront desk attendantheated poolwould stay here againwandering aroundcontinental breakfast israilroad museumnice propertyan older propertyold schoolvictorian styleone of a kind
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My experience with the Northern Queen began ihn 1993 for work purposes only. My stay each and every time has been 5 star! This place rocks. I not only stayed at Northern Queen for work related housing... but personnally stayed at Northern Queen for a quick get away from Sacramento. The Staff is incredible, the Manager Diane has accomadated me every time I requested work accomodations and personal accomodations. The Hotel offers everything for a clean and friendly get away for work and personnal getaways. The best service I have ever experienced. The Inn, the restaurant, all the staff makes you feel like you are family. The Northern Queen is the 5 Star ticket. You won't be disappointed! Ask for Diane!! The girl ROCKS!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed here 5 years ago in one of the standard rooms when my husband and I first started dating so we wanted to return for "old times" sake. We stayed in one of the cabins this time and unfortunatley we wouldn't do it again.
The Pros: The location and view being nestled in the trees was beautiful. The staff were incredibly helpful, especially Tina. My guess, is that compared to other places in the area, this was probably considered one of the nicer places to stay. Great fireplace!
The Cons: The cabins are spacious enough but the carpet is so old and dirty we had a difficult time feeling comfortable. We are used to sleeping in a Cal King so the double bed (the only kind offered) was just too small for us. We bought candles and air freshner which helped tremendously but it still smelled like smoke even though these were no smoking cabins. Since there was only a small 2 seat couch in the living room and no TV in the bedroom, we had a difficult time getting comfortable and relaxing. We ended up leaving the second night even though we knew we would have to pay for the unstayed night. They discounted our last night since we didn't stay which was much appreciated. They also offered us a Chalet (which we previewed and although still dated, seemed like a better option for comfort which we may try next time) but we were already packed and didn't want to unpack just for one night.
Customer Service was worth 4 stars but the cabin I would give 2 stars. I would recommend trying the Chalet or a standard room if you are going to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a Chalet or Standard Room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank annietownsend
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here with a car group. The rooms are older but large, clean and extremely quiet! The grounds are beautiful! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tahoekahn
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is a basic hotel with a nice exterior, location and area was nice, also has a good restaurant on the grounds. The room was furnished with basic furniture, with a coffee maker and fridge in the room. The location was quiet and a easy walk to the downtown historic area. BUT, and here's the but, we did not sleep well because the drapes let a lot of light into the room, the lights outside the door were so bright that it seem like it was always day time. We will not stay here again because of this.. If they were to use the typical light blocking drapes that most hotels use..we would be glad to stay again

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Royphotog
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We just had my son's wedding, on June 11. We had several rooms booked, the staff was more than accommodating. The rooms are lovely, clean and welcoming. The surrounding area is beautiful, peaceful and stress releasing.
The wedding coordinator and planner for the Northern Queen, Andrea, is a dream come true. She took care of every detail and never hesitated to make sure that everything ran smoothly. The wedding venue is beautiful and having Andrea on site was made the wedding absolutely stress free.
The food was wonderful, I still can't believe they are able to get out just under 100 meals so quickly and hot and done to perfection.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone and of the if you are looking for a one stop shop for your wedding or any other event, don't hesitate to give them a call.
Thank you to all of the staff at Norhtern Queen for making our day so wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family