“Lovely Weekend”
Review of Deer Creek Inn

Deer Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Nevada City B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2008

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Deer Creek Inn and had a lovely time. The hosts, Ken and Eileen, were very friendly. We stayed in the upstairs "Sheryl's" room and enjoyed a bay window view of Deer Creek. We also enjoyed the portable fireplace and our bed with the extra cushion was spectacular. My wife made similar changes to our bed when we returned home.

Stayed: October 2008

Reviewed October 13, 2008

It's nice to know that there still are people who take such pleasure in making a guest feel right at home. Eileen and Ken were the perfect hosts. The special little touches throughout the Inn made strangers friends and the years melt away among friends who had not seen each other in a long while.

My best friend and I stayed at the Deer Creek Inn for a weekend wedding. Several couples also attending the wedding stayed at the Inn and friendships were rekindled and new friends made with other guests at the Inn. The evening wine tastings; the hour long fabulous three course breakfasts; the songs around the piano, all made a special wedding even more perfect. The house decor and the interaction with Ken, Eileen and their family of 2 dogs and a turtle combined with their exceptional knowledge of Nevada City, the sights, the restaurants and how to get around the area were invaluable. We were all sad to leave and hated to say goodbye to each other and our new friends, Ken and Eileen.

The setting, the access (walking distance) to everything in Nevada City and easy driving to other nearby activities make the Inn a perfect home base. The welcoming lights of the Inn after a day of sightseeing or mountain hikes were a welcoming sight.

I highly recommend a stay at the Deer Creek Inn.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We stay at the Deer Creek Inn at least once a year. We would love to make it up there more often. Every experience my husband and I have had at the deer Creek Inn has just been WONDERFUL!
Ken and Eileen are so accommodating and warm. When we stay there its like going home again. Nothing is awkward about staying there and Ken and Eileen both go out of their way to make every visit memorable(Champagne, truffles and fresh flowers in our room on my birthday, you will need to request ahead of time as my husband did). My husband and I appreciate having the Deer Creek Inn our home away from home and we look forward to our next visit. Hopefully around Christmas time(for the Victorian Christmas) we will be back. The bed was so comfy we could hardly pull ourselves out of it to come down stairs for our delicious breakfast. We love to take naps in the hammock in the back yard while listening to the trickle of the creek. The five course breakfasts are amazing! Eileen checks the date the guests staid last and makes sure they don't get the same breakfast. Such attention to detail! We never want to leave! I told my husband I was going to stay the rest of the week! Ha Ha! I guarantee you will love your stay at the Deer Creek Inn!
We both miss Ty, Spot and Fred!

Mike and Ginger Metzger

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We totally enjoyed our stay at the Deer Creek Inn! In fact, we've spent several anniversaries there over the years, and with new owners (since 2004), what was a great place to stay is even better than before! Ken and Eileen make you feel a part of their family from the outset, and they cater to each guest individually.

Whether it's their incredible breakfasts, or the freshly baked cookies, or some great conversation during wine tasting, they are there to make your stay memorable. On short notice they found us the perfect dinner and theatre reservations, introduced us to some amazing local wines, were there when we needed them, and allowed plenty of wonderful private time as well!

The town has a nice selection of eatereis, entertainment, and quaint shops. Though we could sleep in during our stay, we wouldn't miss their outstanding breakfasts (including desert!). Ken and Eileen definitely spoil you!

A few rooms even have private entrances (we love Eileen's room), which allowed our anniversary to be even more like a honeymoon. Having a cozy lunch in the back yard, along the edge of the creek with the sun glinting down amidst the fall foilage is something you have to experience!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bieal4him
Reviewed September 21, 2008

We enjoyed the family-like, friendly atmosphere. Both Ken and Eileen made you feel very at home. Winifred's Room had a nice balcony overlooking the back area and creek. Attention to detail and your comfort was very evident in the room's amenities. We enjoyed the wine-tasting at cocktail hour and especially enjoyed the 3-course breakfast. We will be returning on our next overnight stay in Nevada City.

Bob and Pat

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 20, 2008

When I was a youngster, one of my favorite summer trips was to Grandma's house. My grandparents catered to my every need (all of the time). Our visit to Deer Creek Inn was as close to that fond memory as any trip I've ever taken as an adult. The residence and grounds were outstanding, and the rooms well maintained and beautifully decorated. Our hosts (Ken and Eileen) were gracious and attentive; within an hour of our arrival, we felt like we had known them for years. The three course breakfasts were outstanding!! One evening we prepared dinner at the residence; Ken and Eileen made sure we had everything we needed (and even helped prepare some of the items). Prior to our departure for home, we were provided with a map and detailed description of a scenic road we could drive (to avoid the highway); the trip was spectacular! Overall, an extremely enjoyable visit. Although we'll soon move to another part of the country, we fully intend to visit Deer Creek Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2008

if you want to have a relaxing stay in nevada city,stay at deer creek inn! i am a 24 hr caregiver for my son and i was only able to get away for a short period of time but my stay there was time very well spent. ken and eileen are absolutley great! wonderful personalitys!! there home is very comfortable and homey. they go out of their way to provide little extras like bottles of water on ice in your room on a hot summers day. also little treats in the room like homemade brownies and chocolate kisses. they even provide a cute little touch that makes me laugh when i think about it.... a little yellow rubber ducky for the tub l.o.l. they arranged massages for me and my daughter in law . it was great. they also can put together a picnic for you if you wish or they also can recommend the best places to eat and to shop. all you have to do is ask. their breakfast ,with champane i might add, was very tasty. and the best part besides their company is the beautiful property their inn sits on.it is so lush! and the creek, you could sit next to it and relax all day! but hey! you really need to see it yourself!..........betsy workman

• Stayed: August 2008
#3 of 10 in Grass Valley
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley

Been to Deer Creek Inn? Share your experiences!