“Nice hotel in Needles, CA”

Best Western Colorado River Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Needles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I had a king bed in a room with alot of space. There was a table by the window for working on your laptop or reading. Bathroom was a little small as you couldn't put down the bathmat until you closed the door. They had fresh popcorn and little packs of craisins in the lobby. Wifi was available, but was tricky. I had to call the front desk to get my login ID and password.

Juicy's is next door(nice when the temps are over 110) and had a good variety of seafood options and steaks.

Breakfast was included. You got a card to get breakfast at Juicy's with 3 choices; Cold cereal with muffin and small juice or coffee, Diced ham with scrambled eggs, biscuit, hashbrowns and small juice or coffee, or 20% off the menu.

It was a nice stop on my trip from Albuquerque, NM to Oakland, CA. It would stay there again if I was stopping in Needles.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I happy you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed August 12, 2010

it needs another motel! It was okay but not what I expected from the other reviews. At first we were unhappy that we had to go to the restaurant for breakfast, but after a restless night the scrambled eggs and hash browns really tasted good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

I am sorry you felt inconvenienced having to go to our full service restaurant for breakfast. Most travelers enjoy our free breakfast and enjoy being able to order off the menu if they choose not to eat our free selections.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Rob at the desk was very helpful in straightening out what a third party online reservation screwed up. He explained very thorough what the problem was and fixed it as best he could. He also gave us a priority mail box to mail back some t shirts we had bought on our trip. We are traveling cross country on our Harley and they are motorcycle friendly. Rob thanks again for your assistance.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

I am glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I travel between CA & AZ once a month. There are many towns along the way, but we have had the nicest stays at the Colorado Inn, Needles, CA. The staff is remarkable! The rooms are spotless and I'm especially fond of the linens & pillows. The lobby has coffee, ice water, fruit and even popcorn. Pets are welcome. We think the rates are reasonable, with a AAA or AARP discount, and that includes a full breakfast. We enjoy every visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sagranger
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2010

Thank you for your kind words and we are happy we could make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

Traveling from Santa Cruz to Grand Canyon and stopped overnight here. I had booked ahead of time and chose this place based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was very hot (supposedly it had reached 126 that day!) The lobby was nice and the desk worker was very helpful and check in quick. Room was clean. Really enjoyed the pool. I had expected the water to be very warm because of the high temp but it was very refreshing. Free breakfast at Lucy's which is adjacent. Jedro's Wagon Wheel is across the street with great food, too.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Rebecca D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed in this Best Western after arriving at 3 a.m. We were traveling to Atlanta and had to stop to rest. We found this hotel as it was right off the highway and seemed to be the best one. At $109.00 for the night, I couldn't argue but it turned out to be a good investment.

This was nice and comfortable. Beds were incredible but at 3 a.m. who would notice. I did!! I was very tired and slept as soundly as if I was in a Hilton. The rooms were large, quiet, clean and comfortable. Everything I would expect from a Best Western.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My wife and I were travelling from Arizona to Los Angeles, we hadn't planned anywhere to stay but decided to stop for the night when we got to Needles.

There are many motels in Needles all advertising room rates of about 30 to 50 dollars, but when you get close to them they are horrible run down looking places and the look on my wife's face told me we weren't staying in them. Then we found the Best Western.

We paid $98.83 for the night including breakfast for 2, and it was excellent value for money. There was a free internet terminal that worked fine, there was a pool and hot tub which were popular but not crowded, the rooms were immaculate and had everything you'd expect from a good hotel, iron and hairdryers and things.

Our room was on the side of the train tracks but we didn't hear any noise from them or the freeway. The hotel had a washer and dryer that cost $1 each, so we got all our washing done, and there is a bar/restaurant next door that serves good food and has a friendly bar, the breakfast was good too.

I strongly recommend ignoring all the cheap places nearby and go straight to the Best Western.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Red Roof Inn Needles
#3 of 13 in Needles
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 13 in Needles

Been to Best Western Colorado River Inn? Share your experiences!