“Perfect Hotel California”

Best Western Colorado River Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Needles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We were attempting to find a reasonable hotel on the way to California but not too far past the Grand Canyon. Our friend Cindy said.....are you going through Needles CA. Well we did and were thrilled to cross the desert into California and find this beautiful Oasis !!
The accommodations were amazing! The service wonderful. Pool resfreshing and clean. and the restaurant Juicys Charming!!!! Awesome stop!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsMcC2011
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here....
Thank you for the review and I am happy you enjoyed your stay on Route 66.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We were very happy with this hotel! Friendly staff, complimentary toiletries & good breakfast, not to mention good location plus great room. Staff even called to see if everything was OK with the room. We will definately stay here on our next journey that takes us through Needles.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunberrysue
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Sue,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip on Route 66.
Phil

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have to brag about the excellent service I receive from the staff each time I stay with Best Western Colorado River Inn. The staff always made sure I was well taken care of and called once I was settled in my room on the first day to ask if I needed anything. The girls at the front desk Sarah, Amy, Mia have pleasant attitudes and great to converse with as well as the management staff. My room was always clean and the beds comfortable - always. I felt safe and secure at night.

The location-easy access for my travelling advantages and right off the 40 hwy and right in the middle of the city. Perfect!!! Juicy's Cafe is right next door for breakfast, lunch and dinner - excellent food.

What I liked best about this wonderful hotel was the lobby-the decor was comforting, you had access to the internet, TV and the smell of their coffee first thing in the morning. Oh and another favorite, the pillows are fluffy and you have more then (3) on a bed :).

Thanks to all the staff for making my stay(s) pleasant.

Room Tip: I prefer a room downstairs close to the restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pgforce5150

Thank you for your kind words about my staff and hotel. We strive to make every guests stay a pleasant experiance.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I knew from the minute I walked into the lobby of this hotel that I would be staying at a special place. The lobby had ample plush seating, a huge hi definition tv, and beautiful singing birds in a decorative cage The room was very spacious and in perfect condition . The staff was intelligent, articulate and very helpful The amenities were great and I availed myself of an unexpected sauna outside near the crystal clear pool. I stayed there for a week and didn't want to leave. I highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TheWeTourUSA

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am happy you had the chance to enjoy our new pool area and sauna.

Reviewed April 15, 2011

This Best Western location was one of the best we've ever come across...spotlessly kept, comfortable beds, and eye-popping landscaping that the manager couple seemed to be always working to improve. They and their staff were so friendly and enthusiastic, it was a distinct pleasure to stay with them.
Their pool area was very relaxing, and their associated restaurant, called "Jucies", was just a mirror image of the hotel's attention to service and quality.
If you go to Needles, it's the only place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wilcar_pete4g1

Thank you for the kind words "Pete" when you tire of that cold climate in Draper make sure you and your wife know you are always welcome on Route 66 in Needles.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

No frills, but comfortable and clean. Good stop for a night as you are passing through.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Glowing_Orbs

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please come back and see us next time you are coming through town

Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed 2 different nights, one on the way to San Francisco from Albuquerque and once on the way back. Both nights we reserved a 2 queen bed room. The first night we were on the second floor (we were late checking in and I forgot to request a 1st floor room). The room was HUGE and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was very tiny and the bath/shower was not handicapped accessible (they do have handicapped accessible rooms but had smaller beds or just a king). Parking was plentiful and check in was a breeze. The continental breakfast is served next door at Juicy's Cafe and was excellent. Our stay on the way back was even better. I remembered to request a 1st floor room which made it so much easier. Parking was more difficult but it was very late when we checked in. The laundry facilities consisted of one washer and dryer but they were quick & cheap ($1 to wash & $1 to dry). Overall this hotel is a great place to stay and was nicer than the "fancy" hotel we stayed in while in San Francisco. Staff was friendly & helpful. A great place to stay

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank iibrandyii
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Please come back and visit us the next time you are traveling Route 66.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Red Roof Inn Needles
#3 of 13 in Needles
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 13 in Needles

Been to Best Western Colorado River Inn? Share your experiences!