Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
$108
Hotels.com
$53
$48
Red Roof Inn Needles(Needles)(Great Value!)
$72
Best Motel(Needles)
$46
$34
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanhot tubgrand canyonlong tripgreat bednext doordiscount couponcoffee makerstopping pointparking lotstay there againfree breakfastplace to sleepmoteldesertmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Originally this would have been a good review. I stayed at this hotel (2 rooms) for 1 night in October. It was the second hotel I stayed at during my 9 day trip (which means i stayed in 7 other hotels, with no problems). The rooms were clean and fair-sized. The problem? The next night ( at hotel no.3) my card was declined. Why? Because Rio Del Sol Inn charged an additional $327 on my debit card!!! Guess what that did? It left me stranded for the night. $327!! That's on top of the charge for the rooms themselves. Ive made several calls requesting to speak to the manager. Every single time I've been given the run around, and have yet to hear back from management despite leaving my name and number with several different staff members. This is utterly unacceptable. I'll be letting everyone I ever meet know about this terrible hotel of thieves. As well as anywhere I can leave a review. Its obvious I'll never get my money back. So all I can do is share my story and hopefully prevent it from happening to others. DO NOT STAY IN RIO DEL SOL IN NEEDLES!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank SarahER87
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Sarah,
I think you are omitting a few of the facts. 1.) We had a conversation when I personally called you back. I informed you at that time that these were damage charges because you choose to dye your hair blue 2.) You ruined 3 bath towels, 3 wash cloths and 3 hand towels, along with ruining a shower curtain and staining a tub with blue hair dye. The tub to this day still has a blue tint to it.
3.) At no time during our conversation did you mention being stranded. You were charged according to the signed agreement at check in stating you would be responsible for charges.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Rio del Sol has been a regular stop for us, as we pass through once or twice a year with a dog and cats. The staff is helpful, the pet fee is nominal, the doors open to the outside so you can drive directly to your own door. There's a discount for Juicy's River Cafe, just around the corner, but if you're too tired there's a Jack in the Box right across the parking lot. (We aren't usually fast food fans, but at the end of a long day of driving we're all about convenience.) When we aren't too tired we enjoy using the pool and/or hot tub.

I am thoroughly charmed and reassured as to the staff's dedication to a good experience by this fact: within 10 minutes of getting into the room, someone from the front desk calls to check and make sure the room is all right, and to see if anything is needed. I've stayed on business trips at high-end hotel chains, and rarely seen this level of service.

I have 2 small complaints: (1) the in-room coffee is pitiful. At least it's there, but the quality (is it Farmer Brothers? I can't remember) is almost so low as to make it not worth drinking. (2) Some of the room air conditioners cycle on and off and aren't controllable to get a proper heat level. Ours stayed on all night, providing a comforting background sound, but we were a bit too warm. Those are small complaints.

Yes, I've stayed there, and I'll continue to do so, and recommend Rio del Sol to other travelers to Needles.

Room Tip: If you have a pet or pets, ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Nancy,
Thank you for visiting again. Your review is a welcome insight to the hotel. I will work on that coffee and see if we can get a different brand in here.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

It was a very pleasant stay specially for the prize.
The rooms were comfortable and clean.
We couldn't find a place to eat on walking distance but the pool and barbecue area in the middle was a great place to have our pick nick. O

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you PE for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was looking for a clean and safe place to stay for one night, and Rio Del Sol Inn was the perfect place! Staff was extremely friendly and the room was surprisingly clean and well-maintained. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a great place to stay in Needles for a great price!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for noticing our attention to cleanliness. Please make sure to stop by on your way through Needles on Route 66

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night based on reviews. The front desk clerk was friendly and very helpful. The room was large and clean and well-cared for. We slept well in the king bed. Pet-friendly. The only con was the tv. Small, older and no 'guide' function on the remote. Not many channels either. But, hey, for $44 per night, it was a great deal.

Stayed: December 2013
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for the review. We are gradually replacing TV's and we offer 23 channels. Including HBO. We will be renegotiating our satellite contract at the end of the year.