“great stay”

Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We usually stay at Days inn when passing through Needles but their pool was out of order so we looked around for an alternative and came across this motel.

We were very impressed. The staff at reception are friendly and helpful and our room was nice and very reasonably priced. The pool area was good. Breakfast was not available but as the price was so reasonable this did not matter. Some breakfasts at motels are not that great and can get a little crowded so we would rather pay less and do our own breakfast in the room anyway.

There aren't that many restaurants in Needles but there was a good Chinese restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biggles51
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for your review. There is a great restaurant for breakfast right around the corner, Juicys River Cafe.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have been to this Inn twice in the past year, Once in Feb. and in May. It is a very nice place to stay. The rooms are clean, and very comfortable. The staff was friendly, and very accomidating. The customer service the employees provided was the best I have seen in a while. Lisa Downer was very nice asking how my, and father's stay was, and if she could do anything for us as in directions, etc. I would recommend Rio Del Sol for anyone to stay at.

Mary Ann B.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Mary Ann,
As a repeat customer your opinion is very valuable. It tells me the staff is working hard. Thanks for visiting us on Route 66

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I am writing this review because of The friendly, over the top sevice I not only received at check in, but the entire 3 days of my stay. As we all can say, customer service seems a thing of the past these days, not at this hotel. I had major problems with my credit card at check-in, even though I had plenty of money in my account, somehow I was being denied, this did not stop the continued quality service from this hotel, they bent over backwards to help me in various ways to see that My problems were not on they're side of the system. Even when I could not get the help I needed from my bank, Rio Del Sol offered options that eventually led to my successful hotel rental at there location. Once I got into my room, I was floored by how clean and spacious the room was. Not only did the room have a refridgerator, microwave as well as a quality TV, I couldn't find any dirt, nor finger prints anywhere. Rio Del Sol exemplefies the highest quality customer Service received in a much more costly hotel at very reasonable prices.Thanks to the staff at Rio Del Sol I had a wonderful stay. Sincerely, Dennis D.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Dennis,
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I've stayed in the USA for several months and I've been to many hotels- so I think I am able to compare! Rio del sol was a nice surprise in the middle of the desert for me and my friend .
First of all I want to thank the front desk for their hospitality! They met us with a smile, checked us in very quickly and even called us to ask if everything was ok in the room.
The room was cozy and what is more important- it was absolutely clean! The furniture seemed new, the beds were cool with many pillows, no bed bugs!!!! fortunately no insects in the room! The air was fresh, the air conditioner worked properly.
In the evening as we were tired we watched TV (there are lots of channels) The next day we swam in the pool with shining blue water. Although the hotel is in the middle of the desert it's like an oasis! You can rest, swim and have the time of your life. What's more my eyes were not used for desert and mountains, so I was astonished by the landscape around and made a lot of pictures there.

I am planning to come back to the USA some day, and I will certainly stay in Rio del sol while traveling.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Paulina A, Thank you for taking the time to write from Russia. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in the USA and glad you got to visit our little section of Route 66. You are correct the desert is a beautiful place.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

From the minute I walked into their lobby I felt at home. I arrived late at night and was still greeted by a friendly clerk with a warm smile. It is exactly what I wanted after a long day of driving. She even offered to leave the spa open a little late if I wanted to relax after my day on the road. Every employee I encountered made sure I was enjoying my stay and treated me like an old friend, I loved their attitudes and the atmosphere! I did not meet a single person I didn't like!
Enough about the staff, lets get to the important part; my room! It was amazing! I had an extremely spacious room with a king size bed, coffee pot, refridgerator, microwave, the works! I have worked at hotels in the past so I have a habit of picking a room apart to make sure everything is the way it should be. The room smelled fresh and clean when I entered and the bathroom was spotless. The was no high dust, the bed was beautifully made, I even check the pipes under the sink and behind the toilet, no sign of dust or dirt to be found anywhere!
In the morning there is fresh coffee in the lobby in the case that you do not want to make a pot in your room. Checking out of the hotel was just as smooth and easy as checking in.
I have family in the area so this hotel will be my favorite stop evey time I come through.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Hey Kiddo,
Make sure you stop and stay with us next time you are in town. I am happy that my staff and facilities added to your trip.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed for one night en route to Grand Canyon. The r oom was very pleasant, nicely decorated, OK furnishings, microwave and fridge, and all very clean. Soap, shower gel etc are contained in dispensers in the small bathroom. Staff seemed very friendly and there is a nice heated pool which is open until 11pm. The price was the most reasonable we have paid in the USA. $70 for a night midweek.

Downsides: The air conditioning unit was VERY noisy. The 100F+ temperature meant we had to turn the air con on during the night but the noise made it impossible to sleep. Even when switched off there continued to be a constant noise.

In addition (and this is obviously not the hotel's fault) there seemed to be a cricket or similar insect in our room and it made a noise all night long. In the end we had to put on a light at 5.45am to stop the cricket's noise. I am writing this at 6.30am having had no sleep whatsoever!

All in all a good budget hotel and very clean. Just make sure you bring ear plugs!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

OOPS!! Sorry about that pesky cricket.
Being in the desert we do get some crickets trying to get out of the heat. We are in the middle of replacing all our room air conditioners. We are probably 75% done. I wish you had called the front desk we could have taken care of this issue for you.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

For the price, I wasn't expecting much--I'd been traveling Route 66, and needed a place to stay for the night in Needles. I just wanted clean and comfortable. The staff was so nice and accomodating. I was impressed with the size of the room and how comfortable the bed was. It was quiet, had a great pool and meet my needs very nicely. I also appreciated the call from the office just to check to be sure all was fine.

I brought my dog, and there were plenty of places to walk her in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for stopping and taking the time to write a review as well. I am glad you enjoyed your room and thanks for mentioning our pet friendly policy. Hope to see you next time you our traveling Route 66

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Best Western Colorado River Inn
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 13 in Needles

Been to Rio Del Sol Inn Needles? Share your experiences!