“Friendly and Comfortable”

Days Inn & Suites Needles
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Needles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
California
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Maybe it will improve, but we are very sorry we stopped here in Dec. on our way to the Grand Canyon. Needles is a good 1/2 way point and we had stayed at this Days Inn several years ago. While grabbing a quick dinner at the Denny's across the street, we decided not to push on to Kingman (where motels were less money and advertised HOT breakfast). I looked in the phone book to call ahead and there was no listing for Days Inn and the waitress said they had had a fire and perhaps weren't even open.
However they were open and when we checked in around 8 pm, I think there was only one other car in the parking lot. The rate was quoted at $69 and when I asked for 2 rooms, the rate dropped to $65 One room was to have two queen beds and the other one queen. They do not have king-size..
Our friends were given a key to a room that was still being painted, with plastic and blue tape on the floor and furniture piled in the corner. Another room was promptly assigned. Our room had only one queen bed, not 2 as requested, but we decided not to make a fuss. Then I noticed that the mirror had smudges and the toilet had rusty colored water. The bath tub had a variety of dirt, probably paint and plaster. So we asked for another room that had 2 beds and was clean. Our stay was just beginning...................
When the TV didn't work, I finally figured out that it was not plugged in but the remote didn't work. So I picked up the phone to call the office for assistance, but the phones weren't connected. So another trip to the office. The desk clerk followed me to our room with a hand-full of remotes and finally got one to work. He was trying to solve our problems. The free Internet connection worked well.
The beds were clean but the possibility of bed bugs crossed my mind as I fell asleep. Thank God there were none. The next morning when my husband went to get coffee around 7:15(breakfast was promised starting at 6:30) the office was dark and locked. I was in the "shower" but the diverter didn't pull up all the way and most of the water went on my feet. The courtesy shampoo had been opened by someone else and partially used.
They did have large fluffy white towels that were probably new. Eventually, there was coffee, cold cereal, muffins, toast. No juice or fruit. I figured the manager was up all night trying to solve people's problems, but there were only about 4 cars in the lot.
I am sure they were trying to catch some Christmas holiday travelers, but maybe they should have waited to open. We will never stop there again.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you unpack your car.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carolyn19
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed here before over the years so I know the place well, The rooms are ok, good a/c and easy off the freeway. But, it is NOT a Days Inn anymore as the desk will tell you IF you ask. So no more WINDHAM Rewards either. This is ANOTHER "PATEL" family hotel that has had it's franchise pulled but the owner refuses to take the signs down. There is no breakfast anymore either and the pool has not had water in it for years.
I called Days Inn customer support and confirmed that this is no longer Days Inn.
The rate is pretty good, the sheets are clean, I would not go barefooted in the room but the rest is ok. I would probably stay here again, my complaint is the deception they are pulling.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Harleyca100

Travelers are raving about these Needles hotels

Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel I've stayed in bar none!
Filthy brown water in sink and bath, manky filthy bathroom , rock hard bed, paper thin Walls , no breakfast not that we'd have eaten there anyway.
And the "pool" is empty !
What a dump.
The receptionist was pleasant!
Avoid Avoid Avoid.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Bohsfan
West Midlands, UK
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We arrived late in the evening after a full day on the road, just wanting a bed for the night. The room was dark and dingy and the bed smelt. The bathroom was revolting. The whole town was run down and there were 2 homeless people wandering around the road next to the hotel. The swimming pool which used to be there is empty. The room had air con but we had to turn it off as it was so noisy. The only positive was that the chap on reception was polite and friendly. All in all, one of the worst night's sleep of my life. I would not recommend that anyone stays here. Drive on to Kingman and try your luck there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank annat1uk
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Arrived early evening. Checked in got to room. Beds were horrible but the bath tub-toilet worse. Old TV-coffee pot with no pot. Staff okay. No coffee in lobby and a horrible continental breakfast. Had to drive to the McDonalds down the hill. Stay any place but here. I would also suggest looking at any Days Inn Property before paying. What a waste of my money. Oh yeah! No water in the pool.

Room Tip: Avoid this property There is nothing worth noting.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business