“Traveler with Dog”

Desert Mirage Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I too am amazed at how some reviewers seem to search for the clever phrase to put down this motel. I stay a lot at Motel 6 because the dog stays free and I know what a budget motel looks like and sleeps like.
This motel is a large step up from that. It is not five starts, but I paid a total of $44 for my dog (just $5 for him), my room, and tax. It was on a Friday and cheaper than the local Motel 6 at that time.

The outside might give you pause, but the rooms were very clean and modern. The carpet looked new and the bathroom was well styled with tile, etc. The furniture was still in good shape thanks to glass tops although the upholstered chairs did show a few faint stains. The king bed was not hard, nor scratchy.

If you want to stay some place inexpensive yet clean with better than average room decor, this is the place. The pool is fine for my needs and the ac was very cold on that 105 degree day.

No smells and no noise. The wifi was free, but slow and dropped out from time to time. The room had a refrig and micro.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelerWithDog

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've seen a lot of negative feedback on this place but honestly its great. Its a "Motel".....in Needles people so don't expect 5 star amenities. It's newly renovated. Clean. Nice decor. Smells clean. Comfortable beds. A/C worked great. They provide soap, a hairdryer, frig and microwave in the room. If your needs are beyond that then bring it or just ask. Nice friendly people who own/run the place. Even at 2:30am which was our arrival time and I clearly woke them up, I still was helped with a smile. My only suggestion to the hotel would be to offer extra blankets in the cabinet. the covers on the beds are pretty much sheets.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121. Bring a blanket if you are like me and like to be under one no what the weat...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The first room had problems with the toilet. We got another one, but that was just as dirty as the first. Moreover, it was noisy and smelly. We did not even change the room for one night. Who knows what we would have expected?
My recommendation for all travelers not to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

,We used it as an overnight stop from the Canyon to Hollywood and found it to be fine,£23 a night real good value,the room was clean,had a fridge and a microwave if you needed them,you will need the fridge too as Needles is one hot place,thank god for air conditioning.there is a pool but didn't look too inviting but why would you when you have the Colorado River near by,there is a Bar next door which was a friendly place and eating places around,If you like a Beer with your meal don't eat in the Wagon Wheel as they dont serve Liquor,the food is good though.would we stay here again,yes we would.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay this is fine. Clean and comfortable. We weren't sure as at night it looked a bit ominous, but place was friendly enough. We didn't really rate needles as whole though, just a place to pass through, nothing to do that we could see.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abby J
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you have to stay in Needles, don't! It is a very depressing little city and the hotel was not that great. We had to change rooms since our room did not have a door guard allowing inches of rain into the room as well as torn up electrical sockets. The bed was comfortable once we changed rooms and the TV worked. The office was closed in the morning so check out was a little weird.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My room was SPARTAN! No wall hangings...and the lights were flourescent - VERY harsh in an all-white room! One of the lights was not working. I had to turn on the only incandescent light (bathroom) to tolerate any light.
There was not shampoo or soap, so I mentioned it to the front desk person who did come by later with two soaps (no shampoo).
The whole facility was quite old but had been converted somewhat.
The carpet was old and very cheap-looking. The sheets were a meager quality. No blanket was provided.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo