“Good place for over nighter”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Sydney, Australia
“Good place for over nighter”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed in this place on our way from the Grand Canyon to Bakersfield. We found the girl on the desk, Melissa very welcoming and helped us with any request we had.
The rooms are very basic, beds comfortable,but airconditing very noisy. I would recommend this hotel if you want a reasonable one night stay. Laundry and dryer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carmen D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
UK
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed one night en-route from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and could not have been more satisfied with a great place to stay. Our room was very comfortable and the pool and spa was sparkling clean and every one of the staff was professional and helpful. We would definitely recommend this motel to anyone who would like a comfortable, friendly place to stay. Wish we'd had more time here - it's well run and the coffee is fresh! TIP - we were given a 10% off card for Denny's just across the way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
albuquerque
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Traveling alone with my son, safety was an important factor for me. This hotel felt relatively safe.....however I was not extremely comfortable there. We used the swimming pool, but it was a little cloudy and dirty. On the second floor there were a lot of guys in and out of their rooms, who would often stop to linger and stare over the pool.....very uncomfortable! I saw these guys creeping young girls out at the pool throughout the evening......just drinking beer and learing into the pool. In the morning the guys doubled in numbers and were drinking beer in the pool at 8am.....I just imagined them drinking and peeing in the pool we swam in the night before! YUCK! When we went to the parking lot it was stuffed full of diesels. It seems this place is a hot spot for truckers heading in and out of the SW.

The sleep was ok, people on the third floor became really active around 2am which woke me up and was difficult to shut them out and go back to sleep. All and all, the hotel was ok, but I would stay at the Motel 6 or Comfort Inn next time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank casslou

Travelers are raving about these Needles hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I have never written an online review before this. Please realize the level of my dissatisfaction.
My husband and I, who were traveling through Needles to Grand Canyon, needed a place to sleep for one night. We were arriving late and leaving early so I thought any nearby, clean, quiet place with a bed would do. I got the room for $42 and thought it was a good deal...until we arrived.
Though check-in was smooth, everything that followed was HORRIBLE. We were in a shabby, out-dated, bland room on the second floor. The power button on the tv was missing, several light bulbs didn't work, the linens and towels looked frayed and dingy, the mattress was hard and uncomortable, and they only provided two small, flat pillows on the bed. AND that wasn't even the worst part.
As I stated, we were on the second floor. Our ceiling squeeked so incredibly loudly from someone walking upstairs all night. I don't know why, but it seemed the person above us was awake all evening and the noise woke my husband and I, who are usually sound sleepers, up several times that night. We had arrived at 10:00pm and had left by 7am, but got only a few hours of sleep.
When we alerted the front desk about the problem, they casually said, "Yeah, the floor squeeks upstairs on the third floor, so you can hear it on the second floor. We know it's pretty bad." Unapologetically, they dismissed our complaint.
DO NOT STAY HERE! I will never stay here again. Though I had very few needs when it came to a place to spend the night but sleeping was one of them and is probably one of yours. I know the options are very limited in Needles, but stay elsewhere if you want any hope of sleeping!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MiRo15
Southern California
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My stay was just alright, but the front office girl named Terri was really grouchy. It made my encounter and stay there very uncomfortable. The next day, fortunately, a different girl was at the front desk and it was better. The mattress in the unit was very soft and tended to sag a bit. The carpets were clean, the bathroom walls needed patching, but it was clean. The towels were thin and not luxurious at all. The location was convenient as it was right next to the freeway. I was in town to spend some time on the Colorado River with a church group.. I didn't want to sleep on the ground at Park Moabi, so I stayed at this motel. I am not inclined to stay there in the future, mainly because of the rather rude behaviour of Terri. Will try the Days Inn next time.

• Stayed October 2009
North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I asked if I could see the room first and they had no problem letting me see the room, traveling with my family I wanted to make sure the room was good to go. I was pleased with the overall service, they also had a laundry room so I could do our laundry. They also allowed us to have a non-smoking room with pets.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Topeka, KS
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This hotel is right off the I 40. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rate was good ($47). The room was spacious and clean. The pool area was large and well-kept and the hot tub was relaxing. We would recommend this hotel for its location, service, pool, and price. The TV remote didn't work and Daniel came right down and replaced it. The Internet worked fine. We think it should be rated higher than others.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple