“Good nights sleep”
Review of Motel 6 Needles

Motel 6 Needles
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pulled in tired and ask at the Denny's where to stay and kid said "Laughlin!" He then said that he had not heard any complaints about the Motel 6 around the back. It was a nice surprise. Clean and comfortable. The lowest room rate on my entire trip. Plus I got 10% off my breakfast at Denny's the next morning. The WiFi was blazing fast and free.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Trounder
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Needles

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Pulled in not sure what to expect but very tired and just wanted off the road. We really couldn't afford another hotel but was thankful for the rate and that it was clean. My family liked the shower, the kids thought it was cool to be backwards. Bring your own shampoo, but definetly worth the money. I have stayed at other motels and been less impressed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SouthernWolfAngel
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Interesting to read reviewers' comments about the large rooms, updated bathrooms, etc. The room we had (#106 I think - ground level facing parking lot) was quite snug. The shower stall was so small that the water sprayed out from under the shower curtain, making the floor dangerously slippery. The room was typical Motel 6 - spartan.

We have actually stayed here a few times over the years only because it is so convenient as an overnight between the Bay Area and Arizona. We have had either a large moving truck or a large car trailer to park. The staff was always very helpful in giving us a parking spot to accommodate our vehicles.

We appreciate the AARP discount, too. The place is only a few feet away from the Denny's in Needles so we can walk there for dinner and/or breakfast.

I was surprised, however, to find that we would have to pay for wifi internet service. I think it was $3. I used my G3 service instead.

Bottom line: this place is good for an overnight, when you don't plan on doing anything but grabbing a meal next door and getting some sleep. But then again, it's a budget motel with a budget price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank neeliec
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Clean enough and great value for a quick night's stay with our two dogs on our road trip!

Pets are free and no hassle here! Also, true no-smoking clean rooms!

Simple, bring your own shampoo, but for a quick overnight place to sleep, you can't beat the value!

Also worth mentioning is the upgraded bathroom and newer shower!

Definitely not the "old" crummy Motel 6 I used to know 15 years ago!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

large and clean rooms. pool and laundry
fuel and food nearby

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank andrelidaria
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Checked in to Motel 6 in Needles on 3/28/2012. I saw a strange brown bug like a miniature cockroach crawling around on the desk in the motel room I had just rented. I mashed it with paper, but it kept reviving, this bug was hard to kill. I did a Google search for bed bugs, and found a picture that looked exactly like this bug in front of me in the motel room. The attendant refunded my money, and said the motel had been treated for bed bugs a couple of weeks ago. I am glad I saw it before crawling into bed with bed bugs. Travelers beware of bed bugs.

Room Tip: Ask have they received training to identify bed bugs, and ask upfront to disclosure if they have had...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Richard S
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Late start to a road trip found me in Needles, in the wee-small-hours, The exit I took offered a few Mom & Pop motels, but only one with a vacancy sign lit. The room was filthy, the towels stained, and the mattress showed signs of the dreaded you-know-whats. I high-tailed it back to the office, finally received a refund after promising to call the health department the next day, then jumped back on the freeway, and discovered that I'd stopped one exit too soon...there was that lovely Motel 6 sign...I felt like a pilgrim catching my first glimpse of Mecca! Perspective is a funny thing - I'm still not sure if Needles boasts the nicest, cleanest, friendliest Motel 6 on the planet, or if it just felt that way in comparison to the dump I'd just escaped, but that was my initial impression. Taking a better look around before leaving the next morning confirmed my earlier assessment, and gave me a new appreciation of the basics (the REALLY important stuff!) done well. SO glad they left the light on for me!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business