“Just ok”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Los Angeles, California
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I needed to find a place for the night during a road trip to Arizona and pulled off the highway when I saw the motel sign. The price was pretty good and you get what you pay for. My room was small but clean. It was on the second floor and the carpet on the balcony was very worn with a lot of rips and tears. Also the floors are very uneven. Be careful if you're on the second floor, especially at night. My room was non-smoking but at the top of the stairs there is an ashtray and there was a guy chain smoking there all night. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat. I did not sleep well here.

The security lock on the inside of my door was missing and I jammed a chair against it for the night. There was a refrigerator in the room but no coffee maker. The tv was pretty old, but there was an HBO schedule, so I settled in to watch a movie. HBO was not one of the channels offered however, at least in my room. The wi-fi here was very strong though and that is a positive thing. The air conditioner was mounted high on a wall and there was no way a short person like me could reach the controls. A sign on the door asked guests to turn off the air conditioner when they checked out but I would have needed a step ladder.

There is almost nothing else off this exit but if you get back on the highway and go one more exit west there are a few restaurants. Breakfast in the morning consisted of the worst coffee I have ever tasted, packets of instant oatmeal,a few bananas, and loaves of bread. There was a toaster and a refrigerator with milk, orange juice and margarine. (I guess there was some real butter at one point because I saw a wrapper in the garbage). I didn't have much chance to interact with the staff but they seemed friendly enough.

I think that the next time I am in Needles I will try one of the other motels an exit away.

Pros- good value, pool, strong wifi, friendly staff
Cons- motel is in disrepair, beds uncomfortable, no restaurants close by, smoking on balcony outside non-smoking rooms

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth stop on my Historic Route 66 tour to Santa Monica. The staff was very friendly, the electricity went out and they handed out candles. The rooms were clean, they had fridges too. Also it was a Historic Route 66 motel you see the Route 66 in the street all through the town. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The rooms are what you would expect with any hotel but at a great price. Every amenity of more expensive hotels is provided here but at half the price. I booked my room a day earlier than I intended but the management honored my reservation the next night. Very kind of them.

• Stayed June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We needed a place to stop over on our way from LA to Grand Canyon. It provided very good motel accommodation and it was excellent value ($49) . Check in was quick and easy, the beds are comfy. Big bedroom with sink in the room and separate, basic bathroom. There is a TV, fridge and microwave in the room.

It was hard to find that place, it is out of town and you will need a car to get to anywhere for food etc.

I didn't have time to see, let alone use the pool, so I can't comment on it.

The Air con is very loud, even on the low setting. Other than that, I have no complaints.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Needles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm an extended-stay customer for medical staffing in a nearby hospital. The large pool is great for swimming laps and really cooling off after a stressful day at work. The pool is enclosed with a cement wall which blocks the desert wind and provides a sense of privacy for swimming as well as dining at the tables with umbrellas and plenty of chairs. The generous landscaping of palm trees and flowering shrubs provide shade and beauty as well as picnic tables and a porch swing. The staff immediately responds to special requests and inquiries. WiFi is important for my line of work and whenever there has been a difficulty they have been prompt in resolving the problem. They set me up in a room with sink and counter separate from the toilet and tub which allows for a kitchenette. Decent refrigerator and microwave help to make this home away from home. The building faces north so one gets a very nice view of sunrise and sunset without the heat of the sunlight pouring into the room.

Room Tip: Second floor away from the stairs if you are staying awhile. There is lots of in and out traffic es...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lynn J
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My stay at the America's Best Value Inn was terrific. Excellent customer service at front desk. Enjoyed the pool and BBQ area, very relaxing and peaceful. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family, I hope you enjoy the experience as well.
06-12-2013

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smfisher2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed many times with my family. I feel like home and friendly environment. first of all rooms are very nice, clean and big. My family like the big room--- , nice and clean. brand new AC, beds are very comfortable. our family have a sound sleep. all staff is so friendly, helpful and decent.

My family and kids like out side-- gorgeous garden , picnic area with swing, 9 feet gorgeous swimming pool, with Gazebo, grill , relaxing chairs and toys to play in the pool.

Maintain very nice property, good price, good facility. I enjoyed seeing sunset and sun rise from this property----nice mountain, river and nice garden.

Supermarket and physical fitness is walking distance. I enjoyed shopping , exercise and jogging.

I finished my office workup with good wire-less connection and with excellent coffee and snacks.

I like this place and highly recommend everybody also. I have a wonderful experience all the time. My many friends are staying also.

Room Tip: New AC, Nice, Clean, Quiet and Big room. Good price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family