“Think about it...”

Americas Best Value Inn - Needles
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed September 6, 2012

After 10 hours of driving I arrived at the America's Best Value Inn, Needles,CA. I arrived just after a storm and the power was out at the hotel and most of the town. The manager met me by candle light and informed me that I was past the cancellation time and that he did not consider "acts of god" to be worthy of a refund. It is 102 degrees, just after a storm, the hotel has no power, no air conditioning and he could not provide me with my own room key. It wasn't hell, but you could see it from there.

I figured the power would be on shortly so I decided to stay rather than drive back to Kingman. I made it until midnight, drenched in sweat I took a shower, packed up my belongings and drove back to Kingman (1 hour) to stay at an air conditioned Motel 6 with lights.

I never received a receipt, no power to print one. The next day he must of got power back because my card was charged $49.50. I won't Shay here again simply on principal. To me the owner/manager took advantage of travelers in an isolated place in the desert. Like my title says...Think about it...

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DilipManager, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Needles, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Customer. We have no problem to refund your money, but you reserved your room through third party travelocity.com. You have to call them and cancel with them. If you reserve a room direct to us, than we can cancel here. I think we had a miscommunication. Next time to avoid all these problems, please reserve a room through our website www.americasbestvalueinn.com. or call us at 760-326-4501. We respect our customers and we try our best to make everyone happy.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Motel was not very clean. They had construction going on. The breakfast was a joke (nothing available (not even coffee) at 6:30 AM. I stayed in Kingman Az on my return trip a really nice Motel ^ for more than $10 a night cheaper.

Room Tip: Pass this one by.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
DilipManager, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Needles, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
I am really apologize for your uncomfortable stay in our property.
Right now we are upgrading our property to provide nice and clean rooms to all our customers. We are almost done with it. We provide morning coffee, honey bun, oatmeal and fruits. We have breakfast room next to the office.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Well what can I say? This really was a surprise, we were greeted by a really nice guy at the front desk, who was really friendly, polite and professional. So professional and polite infact that we thought it must have been his hotel, although I do recall he did say he was only the 'Operations Manager'. He made us feel at home immediately, we really felt like this hotel was a home from home. The room was really clean and fresh, the bed clothes towels and floors etc were all very clean as well. The fridge and microwave were also as clean as you could wish for. My impression of the hotel staff here, really nice and care about the hotel, cleanliness and the visitors. The manager of this hoteel does himself and the 'Americas Best Value Inn' brand real justice, as do his staff, he should be very proud of their hard work. All the staff we met were friendly and forthcoming. We had fun by the very large, clean and refreshing pool, and the BBQ area was excellent, we did 3 BBQ's here. In the 3 days we stayed here we became good friends with the first guy who greeted us on the day one and we miss the fun we all had with him, we miss needles and the lovely hotel. He even let us have the smae room on our return for a further 2-day stay.

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, IT, and THE PEOPLE WERE EXCELLENT. Top marks to all of you and thanks a million! Simon and Liga x

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimonLiga
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I wouldn't have picked this hotel had I just driven by, but good Trip Advisor reviews caused me to stay here for a night with my family. Clean, comfortable, desk clerks at check in and out both very friendly. A good one night stopover at a decent price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OnTheR0ad1000
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The location is less then a mile off the highway and the service was really good and friendly all the tv's in the room have direct tv with over 300 channels the rooms were very clean even the bathrooms were very clean i would say one of the biggest disappointments is the so called "breakfest" which is coffee and a packaged sweet roll and other drinks cost 2$ and that is it so my family had to end up goong to dennys so just add that to the hotel cost and there truely is no value!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Calferman1
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After a first stay here coming from Vegas, we liked this place so much that we stopped here again on the way back to LA. It was the best value we found on this side of Route 66. The rooms are clean and relatively spacious, the pool is wide and spotless, with a BBQ area beside it as well as swinging chairs in the shade.There is an excellent supermarket nearby where you can buy supplies for a nice evening by the pool watching the kids enjoying a cooling swim. The staff is obviously proud of this place and take good care of the customers. The breakfast included is self serve and the tiny breakfast room can get boiling hot in the summer. Needles is also a base to explore one of the best part of route 66 (which inspired the landscapes in Cars) between Oatsman, with its roaming burros and kingsman. If you are looking for great value and a clean room and a cool pool to relax with your family on the way to LA, this is it.

Room Tip: With children, ask for a ground floor room in front of the pool entrance
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sabinOz_11
ABVI-Hospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Needles, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

You are absolutly right, my team and I take great pride in this property and our work. I am so happy to hear about your experiance with us, and will look forward to providing you the same level of commitment to a quality stay the next time you visit us. perhaps your next visit will be an opportunity for you to further enjoy our BBQ grill. Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your experiance.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed for one night. The desk clerk was friendly and even offered to help me carry my luggage upstairs. :)
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room even had a fridge and microwave. The only thing that bothered me was the missing door limiter/bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Vatrenn A

Vatrenn, Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I know the removal of the so called limiter bar has been a puzzle to many of our guests. It has been our experiance that the dead bolt system works more appropriately, without leaving the guest in a predicament from leaving the limiter engaged when going to leave the room. As you can imagine this has resulted in a number of new door frames. I hope we can expect to have you stay with us again on your next visit to the Needles area.