“excellent breakfast”

Juicy's Famous River Cafe
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Needles
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tracy, California, United States
“excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I ate breakfast at Juicy's with my husband and infant son and stepson on our way to my mom's house in Arizona. The food was so good. The servers were so friendly and really made our day start out great. We will definitely be back every time we come through the area.
Angela Gobert and family

• Visited January 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Best Food on our Death Valley Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our motel clerk strongly recommended Juicy's as a really good place for dinner. We started with dinner & went back for breakfast the next morning because dinner had been soooooo good. The food was remarkable, family comfort style food, well cooked, not greasy and marvelously tasty and satisfying. Portions were more than adequate and prices reasonable. The waitress went out of her way to help us navigate my diet needs for low salt diet that tasted good too. She actually listened and accommodated our special requests with enthusiasm and attention. It's a friendly "diner style" atmosphere -- easy to relax in. Breakfast was great also!

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fair to Middling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ok for a salad and great spicy dressing to go along with it, but don't expect to have a gourmet meal. Waitress not that friendly, delivering food in a perfunctory manner.

Visited April 2013
Arroyo Grande, California
“Plenty of Choices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

On a cross country trip, I ended up in Needles, CA and stayed at the Best Western Colorado Inn. Adjacent is Juicy's Famous River Cafe. Not sure why they claim to be famous, but it's worth stopping by.

The facility is clean, friendly, and well established. The menu is diverse, albeit a bit heavy on pork dishes. It was breakfast at 7am. About a dozen patrons in the place when I arrived. I saw that they were AAA rated, so I presumed it was okay. As a guest of the hotel, I received a 20% discount. So far, so good.

I was seated promptly and offered coffee ($1.99). It was hot and flavorful. Alas, the glass of cold water had a bad taste and not really drinkable. I ordered the Baja Omelette ($8.99). Perfectly cooked and hot. Great flavor and texture. The well done hash browns were perfect. English muffin needed a little more toasting.

The server (Miranda) was prompt, friendly and efficient.

Overall, this was a decent start to my day.

• Visited April 2013
Nipomo, California
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went in to Juciy's Famous River Cafe for breakfast because it was next door to aur motel. The food was great as well as the service

Visited December 2012