“National Sushi? Who'd of thought”

Goody's Sushi & Grill
Ranked #10 of 187 Restaurants in National City
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 27, 2013

One wouldn't normally venture to an unassuming strip mall in an auto mall district for great sushi, but this is among the top places in the San Diego area when you're on a roll kick. The National City eatery is clean, accessible, staff is affable and the prices are fairly reasonable. I was skeptical of trying this place out at first, but have returned several times. If you're not into sushi, their Teriyaki-type selections are also good.

1  Thank LR L
There are newer reviews for Goody's Sushi & Grill

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We look Goody's sushi!! The sushi is fresh and fairly priced. The service is great as goody and his family all work there. Highly recommend this place!!

1  Thank cclovesmexico
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped by here for some sushi with my cousins. There's plenty of parking in the strip mall they're located in. The menu is has a variety of appetizers, specialty rolls, hand rolls & more to select from. The sushi is well presented & portioned. I recommend the fried pork belly...doesn't sound so appealing, but it was DELISH!!! Also don't forget to try their Tempura Fried PB&J with ice cream...it's absolutely mouthwatering good. The location is quite a drive from my house, but for some fresh & delicious sushi...I don't mind the drive at all.

1  Thank Helene L
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Was looking for a sushi place and found this one and glad we did( we have two kids), when we walked in we were greeted and seated right away, it's a family run business, great menu lots to choose from the price was great and the portions were larger then I expected. Food was wonderful and so fresh they get their fish in everyday, every bite melts in your mouth. If we ever come back to San Diego definitely making a trip there again. Hope the our waitress will remember her customers from Alaska because we won't forget them.

1  Thank Russell f
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great hand rolls and nigiri. The servers were excellent, friendly, helpful and attentive. It seems like all the rolls have the same Krab salad stuff and then garnished with other things, that's why the 4 instead of 5 stars. Delicious garlic edaname, just enough heat. I would recommend Goody's and will come back again. Although the location is not in the typical tourist area of San Diego, there's plenty of parking. I would take this over the Gas Lamp or Little Italy area any time.

1  Thank nadomom2