Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in National City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I would tell all my friends and family about the great service i got at your hotel. If I need something you guys were always there to help me. Your workers Are very friendly and Outgoing. I would stay at your hotel any time i visit in the area :) Thanks for the Great Service I give you guys a 100%. Have a nice day!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PrincessVee_22
mganshorn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

thank you so very much for takeing time out of your day to give us this rave review. my staff and I certainyl appreciate it. hope to see you soon.
Monjika Ganshorn

Reviewed March 11, 2011

hotel was clean, rooms where clean, staff if great, and made you feel very welcomed. i would really suggest this Hotel to anyone visiting in this area.....

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank gilmoregirl20
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed here in January 2011. The room was not clean especially the toilet bowl which was also not mounted to the floor tightly. Carpet was not clean in the room and was coming up in the halls. The place was noisy all night and this was a Thursday. Guests dogs were in the lobby unleashed. The staff were nice but this place is a dump.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandiegotraveler22

Thank you for contacting us. The management and staff at Comfort Inn South Bay also share your commitment to world-class guest service and satisfaction, and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any guest relations issues with the utmost urgency and care . I apologize for any misunderstanding, I'm certain this matter has been taken care of with a full resolution and we pledge to be more mindful in the future when confronted with similar incident.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

Here is a short and simple review:

1)Location: Close to local stores like CVS, CHASE Bank, and fast food restaurants.
2)Staff: All staff members are courteous and helpful. The front desk clerk called cabs for my friends and I. Also, googled several locations for us.
3)Rooms: The rooms are lovely. As soon as you walk in you are welcomed with candy on the bed. The bathroom had nice marble and the water pressure was amazing!
4)Breakfast: Totally worth getting up in the morning. They had scrambled eggs, waffles, cinnamon rolls, cereal, and fruit.

You get your money's worth at this hotel and a good night sleep! It's rare to come across a hotel were you feel welcomed, safe and at home. This is that hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MissPinkBarbie36
Reviewed November 1, 2010

first of all i like too say i have traveled al over the world and not once have i ever been so upset too find out that my credit card was charged 2 eatra nights and 150 dollers for smokeing in the room first of all i dont smoke and have the start on emphazme secondly i was home in my own bed when this took palce my wife did verfiy it hopeing i can get thease charges off my credit card can anybody help.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
mganshorn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

Reviewed September 13, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights and was very satisfied with the overall hotel. Very friendly and accommodating staff, very clean, very comfortable with free and ample parking. Expanded continental breakfast with hot food, eggs, sausage, and waffles.Nice location with reasonable prices for San Diego visitors. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My trip to San Diego resulted from a death in the family. I was looking for a hotel that was convenient, safe, and relatively inexpensive. What I got was all of those, plus a clean, comfortable room and the most compassionate, helpful staff I've ever experienced. From the reservation process, to checking in, to the stay itself, I found that the staff went out of their way to provide excellent service, and knowing my situation, simple kindnesses. Thanks so much to Kim, Wes, and Bobby, as well as the service staff. You made a difficult situation bearable.

As for the accommodations, the beds were comfortable, the hotel was quiet (even on a holiday weekend) the jacuzzi and pool very accessible, a better than average breakfast served, AND I felt quite safe going back and forth. A great value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
mganshorn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Thank you from all of us here at the hotel. We all remember you and and want to thank you for your kind words. I am certainly proud of the wonderful staff here at Comfort Inn South Bay. Kindest wishes to you and your family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near National City
Super 8 National City Chula Vista
Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista
Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City? Share your experiences!