“Great Place to stay!! for the Chula Vista National”

Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in National City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this place for the USA BMX Chula Vista National. It was perfect. 10-15 min scenic drive to the track. Recently remodeled, good ammenities. But that is not hte best part. The best part was the staff. BRENDA, BIANCA, AMANDA and JOHNNY, MURIELLE Every single person was fantastic. Late Friday night the people above us, decided to do cartwheels at midnight. The next day, I asked if they had anything on the 4th floor, we got moved without any problem and they even helped us coordinate moving to the new room. We had to make a quick trip back to the hotel, but it was worthy. Breakfast, great just as good as the Hampton, and way better than a LaQuinta. Now back the staff, all the girls at the counter were helpful and pleasant and even gave our son a goody bag. I feel the need to give kudos to JOHNNY, THANKS for the help with the washing machine!! Great professional and pleasant demeanor and willing to help. I'm telling everyone to stay here next year. Thanks Holiday Inn Express, National City!

Room Tip: King rooms with sofa bed are big.. 4th floor a good choice when the hotel is packed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego South – National City. We are so ecstatic to hear that our hotel is a “great place to stay.” As you mentioned, our hotel was recently remodeled and are glad that you took notice. We make certain that all our guests feel welcome and comfortable as possible during their entire stay and are glad we were able to do just that. Thank you again for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego South – National City. We can’t wait to see you during your next visit. Thank you!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Took my daughter to the 1D concert at Chula Vista, stayed in this Holiday Inn Express for 1 night. Location is ok, area is questionable, as not familiar with National City. Breakfast was per usual Express fair. Parking is plenty in a well lit lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ploc36
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear ploc36,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the fine location of our hotel. We apologize for the challenges you had during your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family was on a road trip and we booked this hotel thru hotwire. I was satisfied after paying that we got Holiday inn and for sure it did not disappoint my family. The room was totally redone, very good breakfast, clean, very good location, pool was okey. Merialle from the front desk was very helpfully and accommodating. We will stay here again and I'll recommend it for good value for your money.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - National City. We are so happy to hear that you had a “great stay.” We are also happy to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary deluxe breakfast. We strive to work hard in providing exceptional quality service as well as making sure we accommodate each and every one of our guest and we are glad we were able to do just that. We appreciate you recommending our hotel to other travelers as well. Thank you again for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego South – National City. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Traveled to San Diego w 25 high school students to chaperone them for their senior trip. The hotel was very accommodating to us. Luis was amazing to work with! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We did not have one bad experience here. The rooms were very clean and updated. I was worried about my students not liking the hotel since we were on a budget, but they were amazed at the quality of the rooms. The rooms even satisfied my pickiest student. Loved the hotel and would definitely stay here again w my students!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrsjonx

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express South – National City. We are so pleased to hear that we are a “great hotel.” We are also delighted to hear that the staff was friendly and welcoming as well. We did have a recent renovation so to hear that the rooms were clean and updated is always nice to hear. We strive to work hard in providing exceptional quality service and well maintained rooms and are glad that you took notice. Again, thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express South – National City. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay. Thank you!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two days over the 4th of July. We were very plently surprised at how nice the hotel is and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is clean, the rooms are updated and very nice. The breakfast was very good. We will definitely be staying here again when we come visit family.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Right from the time I drove into this hotel till I checked out, it was a nightmare. The entrance raised my apprehensions. The check in was reasonably ok with no upgrades available for a Platinum member as the property has no suites. I carried my bags to a smelly elevator, getting off to a smelly corridor with dirty old carpets and then onto a two queen bedroom with damp air and old smelly carpets with no place or furniture for the bags, After placing my bags on the floor, I stepped into the washroom that barely had standing room. It was too late in the day (10.30 pm) for a tired traveler to look at other options. Next morning, after an average breakfast, I went online and booked another Holiday Inn Express hotel in San Diego using my points and cancelled my stay at this hotel for the second night. The service for check out was good and I felt like being released from Alcatraz prison as I stepped out. It is shocking how this is even an IHG property and how it has got some good reviews on expedia or tripadvisor. Either those are manipulated or those people have never stayed in a decent hotel.

Room Tip: For a good room, look for another hotel.
1  Thank psahaye
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear psahaye,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. We do value all of our guests and I am sorry that as a Platinum member you did not get the benefits that you are entitled to.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor experience and service issues you have encountered. I deeply regret that our level of cleanliness didn't live up to your expectations. These certainly are not usual and we will be looking into these further and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

As an elite member, your patronage and support to our hotel are very much important, as such, we are concerned when we fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The location doesn't seem the best and that initially concerned me. After entering the hotel, my concerns were quickly quieted. The hotel has been fully renovated with top of the line finishes. Flat screen t.v., refrigerator and microwave was a huge added bonus. The breakfast was a lot better than expected, there was a nice variety. The staff was amazing from the start, Ashley and Brenda were great! The pool is sufficient, but the spa was not fully functional. It's not located off of the hotel, you have to cross the parking lot and you can see the street below you if you're not in the water, but that was not bothersome. The 805 and 5 fwy's are easily accessible from the hotel and you're 8-15 mins from all attractions in San Diego. All in all it was a great stay for my family and the price was very good for the hotel. I would stay again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near National City
Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside
Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside
#108 of 279 in San Diego

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City? Share your experiences!