Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California, United States
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The location is good, 15 min to every where, downtown, Tijuana, The beaches, coronado, etc
Parking lot is save ans has walls allthe way arround.
the people from the desk attendant is very friendly, Brenda is one of them and she is very nice, give you good information and tell you what you can do on the city, she knows very good the area....if you go over ask for her.....

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had a pleasant experience at the Holiday Inn Express. I checked in after midnight which was no problem at all. The breakfast was fine (cereal, pastries, oatmeal and eggs). The one downside was the fitness room, and it's the only reason I gave the hotel four stars instead of five. It seemed okay at first glance, but you'll soon notice some key things are missing. There's a hamper, but no towels. Not even sanitizer wipes. There's a water cooler, but no cups. There's a bench, but no free weights. The treadmill shook so badly when I was running on it that I literally couldn't keep my cell phone on it. (I'm 110 lbs. I can't imagine how it would react to 250 lbs+.) But, overall, a very good value.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Mireille at the desk was so friendly and helpful.... she gave me a heartily welcome!!!
the gym was good and the breakfast was enough for the day
all hotelfeatures seems new and in good order. would stay again...

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was nice but the bathroom toilet maintainence was ??. When I reported the puddle of water and suprise slip and the fall onto my bum to the manager they responded that afternoon and fixed it. I asked about a claim form and was told there was none I could fill out for slipping in that water halfsleep in front of the toilet at 4AM and falling on my bum. I was surprised that when I got home my attorney told me I had to file in California! So, I guess I will be calling a California Attorney this week.

Room Tip: nice room on south side near vending machines
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I needed a room for one night with quick access to the naval base. The National City Holiday Inn Express turned out to be a great choice. The price was right and parking was free -- which was not the case with hotels I considered in downtown San Diego. The room was clean and the furnishings throughout the property were updated. However, the bed was a bit hard...more so than I have experienced at other HIEs. It was also clear that this property used to be something else. Despite the updates, the hallways had a musty smell and the bathroom fixtures were old and tired, For my purposes, this Holiday Inn Express was just right. However, if I were looking to stay longer in San Diego or had a more touristy trip planned, I would probably look around a bit more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear ToniPortland_OR

Thank you for your business and your review. Also, thank you for pointing out the convenience of our location for business travelers. We take pride in the cleanliness and overall layout of our hotel and I am glad you liked it.

I am so sorry that some of the updates were a let down and fell below your expectations. We also regret that you were not satisfied with the quality of the beds. Please accept our apologies for we we were not able to provide you with the best guest experience whcih we have always strived to provide.

Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is a very good place to rest after a long day at San Diego. Very good value for money and friendly staff. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. And they provide complimentary continental breakfast too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I must admit that my expectations for the Holiday Inn brand are low, but I was pleasantly surprised with this property. The rooms have been recently remodeled/refreshed and they feel very comfortable.
My only complaint is that the air conditioning units are underpowered and could not keep up with the weather. Even with the unit cranked up to maximum it still felt hot and muggy in the room, and this was springtime. I would be very skeptical about staying at this property during the summer heat. But for an autumn or winter stay, these rooms are surprisingly good, especially considering the low price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
#3 of 20 in Chula Vista
BEST WESTERN South Bay Inn
BEST WESTERN South Bay Inn
#6 of 20 in Chula Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City? Share your experiences!