I had a pleasant experience at the Holiday Inn Express. I checked in after midnight which was no problem at all. The breakfast was fine (cereal, pastries, oatmeal and eggs). The one downside was the fitness room, and it's the only reason I gave the hotel four stars instead of five. It seemed okay at first glance, but you'll soon notice some key things are missing. There's a hamper, but no towels. Not even sanitizer wipes. There's a water cooler, but no cups. There's a bench, but no free weights. The treadmill shook so badly when I was running on it that I literally couldn't keep my cell phone on it. (I'm 110 lbs. I can't imagine how it would react to 250 lbs+.) But, overall, a very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the smoke-free Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - National City and enjoy our complete renovation that will "awe" you. We are conveniently located off I-805 and are within minutes from San Diego's biggest attractions. We provide a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, free parking, business center, fitness room, an outdoor heated pool and whirlpool. A host of amenities such as plush new bedding, 37" LCD television with cable channels, free wireless internet, refrigerator, and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn South Bay Hotel National City
- Comfort Inn National City
- National City Comfort Inn