“Disgusting”
Review of Bayview Inn

Bayview Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in National City
Bayview Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in National City
“Disgusting”
Reviewed July 31, 2005

This hotel was awful and unfortunately, all San Diego hotels were sold
out. I booked this hotel through Orbitz and I feel cheated since
Orbitz classifies it as a 3 star hotel. They claim it's near everything
with great amenities. Not true!
The rooms were absolutely disgusting. The room had broken furniture,
holes in the wall, wallpaper peeling, multi-colored stains everywhere
(couch, bed, carpet etc) and an awful smell of pee and mold. I felt very
unsafe which my feeling was confirmed by signs posted everywhere that
for the safety of guests they ask that people identify their visitors
although that did not seem very enforced. The microwave was dirty, the
fridge (besides dirty) had food inside with a horrible odor. I left a
note to housekeeping (with a tip) to remove the food but it was never
removed. The towels were old and with stains. The windows were covered
with a dirt film. There was not an alarm/radio clock, TV remote did
not work and you do not get more shampoo when you finish it.
The area around the hotel was scary. It is not within minutes of
downtown. The trolley is about 5 blocks which you have to walk under an
overpass highway.
All this for about $129 - $149 a night!
To top it off, there was a prostitute leaving a nearby room the morning
I was leaving.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Couples
Reviewed January 3, 2005

We decided to bring the kids down to SeaWorld, but everything in San Diego is so expensive. After calling what felt like every hotel in the city we happened upon this one. The rates were really good so we thought we'd take a chance. The room that they gave us was huge. It was like two rooms in one. We took the bedroom for ourselves and put the kids in the living room. My children loved that they had their own tv so they could hook up their Playstation game thingy. We had a great time in San Diego and will definately come back to this hotel next time we're here.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 30, 2004

Great customer service, area is a developing area and is looking good. There is construction going on just across the street but "noise in the wee hours" not likely. I stayed at the Red Lion for 2 weeks and did not loose one minute of sleep over the construction. They began well after the sun comes out and stopped about 2 or 3pm and didn't even work the weekends! Although hotel is an older property, rate was fair. The employees though had an obvious issue with agreeing on a uniform were as friendly as can be.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2004

Holy moley, where do I begin? I stayed at the Red Lion Inn last night as a stopover from Hawaii to Connecticut-- just wanted to break up the flight. I booked this hotel online because they had a free airport shuttle. What they didn't mention on the web site is that the shuttle doesn't run between 9:30 pm and 6:00 am-- exactly when I needed the shuttle. I also found that this hotel is nowhere near the airport; the taxi fare was about $20 each way. So, OK, at least I have a comfortable room to crash in, right? Nope. The room was dark (some of the light fixtures didn't work), with beaten-up furniture and plaster falling from the ceiling. My room was on the 12th floor, which, it turns out, is directly under the building's air conditioner, which sounded like someone was idling a Harley outside of the room! I called to see if I could move to another floor, but was told there were no more rooms available (apparently San Diego is full of people who'll stay just about anywhere). Well, I said to myself, at least this should mean we get really good air conditioning, right? Well, sort of. The AC, which was this massive vent on the ceiling, did work. However, around 3 a.m., I discovered that it leaked onto the floor-- Chinese water torture! So I finally get up to go back to the airport, and really needed a strong cup of coffee to counteract the sleepless night. In a final coup de grace, the coffee maker didn't work. I should be fair and say that the manager was fairly accommodating and did give me a reduced rate for the room and paid for my taxi-- but I thought they should have comped the whole thing. I should also note that I've stayed at several area hotels previously in the same price class-- La Quinta, Hampton Inn, etc.-- and they were fine. This is one bad hotel.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these National City hotels

Reviewed January 12, 2004

Stayed on the 11th floor and elevator did not work after our first night.The rooms are good though and the view of the Bay is great. They did comp our second night stay there because of the elevator problems and they should have. I talk with some of the other guest that have stayed there the last month and this is a on going problem with the elevators. We will not stay at this property again because of the experince that we had there. I walked those stairs 4 times in an hour and it was a good work out. Lets say this if the elevators are working this is a good place to stay. Good luck...

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2004

We met some family here at this hotel and were greatly disappointed.
The elevator was missing buttons so that when you tried to press the button for your floor your fingers would get stuck in the hole left behind by the missing button. The rooms were musty and dirty. We afraid to lay on the bed for fear of what had been left behind by the previous occupant. There was construction going on across the street and some nights they drilled and hammered until the wee hours of the morning.
This hotel is also in a very seedy part of town and felt very unsafe.
We felt a little nervous when we came in late at night and had to walk from the parking lot across the street. Also the hotel had no restaurant as was stated on the travel web site when we booked this hotel. We had been counting on room service for some meals as we were traveling with a baby. Overall this is one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
#4 of 22 in Chula Vista
Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista

Been to Bayview Inn? Share your experiences!