“Large selection”

Niederfrank's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Worthwile stepping in for a scoop. I had a scoop of Rum/Pecan/Butter and I might have tasted a scoop of many more, but remember ice cream is a calorie bomb and less is more.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

When you see this store and neighborhood, you'll realize that selling ice cream since 1948 in this location is a major achievement and the ice cream has to be good--and it is. Made the old fashion way with real flavors. Lots of flavors of ice cream and sorbets including some unusual ones, like licorice. Niederfrank's ice cream is sold a few other places in San Diego, but it's worth it to make the pilgrimage to the National City location to get the full sampling of available flavors.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This ice cream shop takes me back to the old-fashioned corner store by my grandmother's house (although here it is just ice cream!). There are so many flavors of homemade ice cream to choose from and also about 4 different sorbet flavors available. Every flavor I have ever tried is creamy and flavorful. Today I had the coconut almond joy and I could have had a lot more of it! My husband had the tangelo sorbet which he said was great, my daughter had the cookie dough and my son the strawberry. All were thoroughly enjoyed! The counter clerks are generally not overly friendly, but they get the job done well enough. Also note that you must pay with cash and there are no public restrooms. Worth the stop, especially for ice cream lovers!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This family-owned and operated ice cream shop has been around for a long time and is worth the effort of finding it on a side street in National City. You will find the standard flavors, but also some creative combinations, all freshly made on site. Prices are good. A great place to buy your ice cream

See more reviews
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This mom and pop family owned and operated homemade ice cream parlor is a childhood favorite of mine. The first time I pleased my palette with their cheesecake ice cream it was at The Hotel Del Coronado when I was in my teens and I've been hooked every since. I bring my children to Neiderfrank's on hot San Diego days to cool them down and bring a smile to not just their face but their stomachs. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank LisaiR619