“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in National City
Sunnyvale
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for 2 days, it was overall good.
Shower was not working, but they fixed it immediately.
People in the neighbor rooms were talking all night, it was very disturbing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

somap, Front Office Manager at Cassia Hotels, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. The maintenance issue is something all hotels have to go through but we strive to take care of all the problems right away and if not, switch you to a better room. We apologize for the noise level in the room next to yours sometimes some guests will be bothersome to others but we at the front desk try to take care of the problem right away to our best ability.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

not at all what i was expecting nice clean room nicely decorated. friendly staff very helpful. price was good not expensive at all for everything that was provided for us we had large room enough space wasn't crammed, microwave, refrigerator, laundry on site, pool free wifi and the free continental breakfast. Felt very comfortable staying here would come back no doubt about it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
somap, Front Office Manager at Cassia Hotels, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your honest feedback. We do acknowledge the fact that we do have a lot to work and lot to improve on but we are always thriving to achieve our goal of making this the best stay for all of our guests.
Ivanhoe, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent about 2 months here since December 26, 2012 due to being in a Federal Court case against Chase Auto Finance in San Diego. Everyone here makes me feel at home. If I had had enough money I would stay for a year because it feels like home. Super 8 is my 1st choice when I have to go to court in San Diego, CA. I have stayed other motels at comparable rates. This is by far the best motel in the area for value and service. I plan on going back in the near future. Any motel can rent rooms out. It is the staff here that makes the difference. I have stayed in $500.00 a night rooms and I found Super 8 more enjoyable. I give 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind words we do appreciate your feedback as always. We are blessed with a staff that is friendly and willing to accomodate all of our guests. Please continue to give us suggestions so we can make this a better stay for you while you are away from home. Thank you again for taking the time out to write a review as it helps us improve on the quality of our service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Affordable room very clean comfortable bed beautiful marble counter tops overall the room was really nice and staff very friendly and helpful. Will be coming back thanks for everything keep up the good work

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
somap, Front Office Manager at Cassia Hotels, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We do appreciate guests taking the time out to write honest feedback. We work hard each day to make sure all concerns are addressed and that all of our guests are receiving good, clean, affordable service. We look forward to serving you in the future.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I needed a cheap and decent place to stay for a few days near the city. This was the cheapest hotel that wasn't right on the Mexican border. Check-in is at 2pm and I arrived around 11:45am. The receptionist asked me to wait 30 minutes. I sat in my car for about 15 minutes when he came and got me. I had requested a first floor room in my reservation. I think he could tell I was a single female traveling alone. He put me in a first floor room two doors from the office. I appreciated that exta feeling of security.
The room was surprisingly nice and updated. I had a king-sized bed with newish linens. I also really appreciated that the room had a microwave, refrigerator and free wifi. The shower was updated with a marble-ish finish. The room was small, but just fine for me. I was able to park my car just outside the door every night for 3 nights.
The free breakfast consisted of two kinds of cereal, toast, half muffins, coffee and juice, served from 6am to 9am in the office.
The clientele seemed mixed. There is a naval base basically across the street, so there were visitors and girlfriends from there. I also saw a few older travelers at breakfast. My last night there, around 3am, I heard some yelling going on the in the parking lot before a car sped off.
They have a discount if you book 3 nights online. I booked on the Super 8 website and gave my credit card info. When I went to check-in he charged my card $6 more than the reservation said.
Overall, I was satisfied with the stay and didn't feel unsafe staying there alone. It was surprisingly close to the San Diego Zoo and Balboa park. It was about 3 exits away on the freeway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
somap, Front Office Manager at Cassia Hotels, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello Amanda, thank you for your kind words. We do strive to serve our guests to our best ability and appreciate the feedback which allows us to improve. We look forward to seeing you again on your visit to san diego.
Also consider these accommodations in or near National City
#5 of 20 in Chula Vista
3.5 of 5 stars 478 reviews
Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City
Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay

Been to Cassia Hotels? Share your experiences!